ADR Training Core or Full Pack

Having been away from driving for over 10 years I’ve recently come back to it and got my Class 1 (previously just drove rigids) Lots have changed! So I consider myself a greenhorn again! Anyway…the ADR Certificate. Any advice on either should I pay the extra £200 and go for the full pack or just get the Core pack which as I understand covers core, tanks and class 3 – flammable liquids. Where the full course covers all the seven chemical classes. What’s the likelihood of needing the full course is really the bottom line I’m asking. Thanks.

You got your dcpc yet too?

I had the choice of paying £300 for the dcpc on its own…

Or paying an extra £200, making it £500. For that I get 28 hrs dcpc AND all 7 classes in tanks and packs…

I look at it as near enough getting ‘2 for 1’

If you’ve got all the classes this time, you’re ready for any ADR that crops up without neeci g more training / exams…

Bmacdown:
or just get the Core pack which as I understand covers core, tanks and class 3 – flammable liquids.

Not quite mate, have a look here for a breakdown of the course…

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053

Goldfinger:
You got your dcpc yet too?

I had the choice of paying £300 for the dcpc on its own…

Or paying an extra £200, making it £500. For that I get 28 hrs dcpc AND all 7 classes in tanks and packs…

I look at it as near enough getting ‘2 for 1’

If you’ve got all the classes this time, you’re ready for any ADR that crops up without neeci g more training / exams…

Thanks Goldfinger. I was due to do my 35 hours CPC as I’ve been driving before 1997 (Long time) and had my rigid from 2003 but let it expire so had to get the medical and do the theory for the Class 1 so have all that. But now as I see from your reply it would be better to combine the 2 and use the ADR classroom time towards my CPC too. Makes sense! I’ll talk to the trainer see what we can work out for the extra few “Classroom” hours I’ll be short too. But to have the 7 classes done and dusted and the CPC out of the road too would be the way to go for me anyway. A lot of the theory is still fresh in my head so hopefully it’ll stand by me for the multiple choice! Although as they say in Ireland, I am thick as champ, so who knows!

Must admit its a thing ive been thinking of doing ( not be for about a year or possibly 2 )

Still undecided tbh

I did it all because I got a good deal on it. Everything plus 28 hours of CPC for £400 at PSTT.