ADR training .. 3 days holiday taken!

Just wondered what people’s opinion was on the following :
What would you guys think if your boss wanted you to have an ADR licence and he was paying (we need to pay it back if we leave within a year I think it is ) , but here’s the thing he is going to take 3 days holiday off us for the privilege :imp:
Has anyone else ever had to use holiday on training days ( I somehow doubt it )

Cheers Mike

Mikey D:
Just wondered what people’s opinion was on the following :
What would you guys think if your boss wanted you to have an ADR licence and he was paying (we need to pay it back if we leave within a year I think it is ) , but here’s the thing he is going to take 3 days holiday off us for the privilege :imp:
Has anyone else ever had to use holiday on training days ( I somehow doubt it )

Cheers Mike

No ZB chance !!

He wants you to have it then he pays you 3 work days to do it

If you want it then that’s a different matter

He`s having a Giraffe …

fair enough.

think i would take 3 days in pub!

believe that you are entitled to 20 days hols by law(might be more!)
and that it must be taken away from work.

I did my ADR last year in my own time , if ur gaffer wants you to use up ur entitlement
To do the course I don’t see what claim he has to it . He s funding sod all , I’ve done my full cpc and ADR off my own back cuz I refused to enter agreements/ contracts with employers regarding training , since advised by my ADR instructor that 99 percent of such Agreement s aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on … If he wants you to have it , for his work it needs to be done in his time , not yours

You could always do it & when the year is up leave!
And go some where they offer better money & you will have experience!
If the boss asks tell him you had always planned it after he made you take holiday for it!

yeah boss I’ll use 3 days holiday but if I leave you get now’t back

Thanks for your opinions , well I suppose I had better come clean I did the course back in July and he didn’t say he was taking it off our holiday until we had finished the course :unamused: , I didn’t say anything about it at the time as I think I was in shock and couldn’t quite believe it :open_mouth:
I was talking to one of our other drivers he has been there a few years now and has to renew his ADR soon . He went to see about another job last sat and rung the boss to tell him on the Sunday .
one of the reasons he was thinking of leaving is because of this ADR/ holiday issue .
Anyway I saw him again today and said he wasn’t going to leave and a compromise had been reached :confused:
Anyway roll on June , will of been there twelve months by then and it will be time for pastures new :wink:

Playing a bit crafty was he?
take your 3 days off unpaid, when you need them, and rip the ■■■■ for every penny you can until he sacks you or you leave.
job jobbed

bertiebus:
think i would take 3 days in pub!

believe that you are entitled to 20 days hols by law(might be more!)
and that it must be taken away from work.

20 plus 8 bank holidays so 28

A good union rep would not have allowed that to happen

The Health & Safety at Work Act states:

2 General duties of employers to their employees.

(c)the provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of his employees;

This could include ensuring a driver has the correct ADR qualification to drive the vehicle. Key word is ‘provision’.

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/37/section/2