ADR towards CPC

May be a ■■■■ question, but here goes:
Can getting an ADR Licence go towards my training hours towards my CPC Training?
Some training providers say it does & some say it does not!

If your training provider is Jaupt Approved and you do the full ADR tanks and packages it gets you 21 hours towards your drivers cpc, I am not sure what you get if you only do tanks or packages, I’m sure someone else, if not Diesel Dave, will be along to tell you otherwise.

Sapper

If you go to the JAUPT website at http://www.drivercpc.org/en/approved-centres-courses/ you can check to see if the organisation is registered and the courses they have had approved for the CPC, together with how many hours (under ‘course time’) it’s worth.

One of our local centres is offering an OCRS course, which is mainly for operators, that counts 14 hours towards the drivers CPC!.

This has been asked before & yep as long as they are registered for it

Anything upto 28 hrs but normally 21

I offer ADR training. The 31/2 day core/packages/7 classes counts as 21 hours. The tanker module I offer doesn’t count as any.

There are ADR providers have got the tankers module registered for a further 7 hours DCPC but for some the volume of business doesn’t warrant it.

You can get the full 35 hours from doing all the ADR modules - you just add a few classroom bits to make up the extra bit.
I’ve already received such an offer from the same lgv/psv driving school I attended back in '91. I may well do ADR late next year.

Am I allowed to name the school on here? :question:

Winseer:
You can get the full 35 hours from doing all the ADR modules - you just add a few classroom bits to make up the extra bit.
I’ve already received such an offer from the same lgv/psv driving school I attended back in '91. I may well do ADR late next year.

If you can recommend them then yes as they can be added to the list that is on here

animal:

Winseer:

If you can recommend them then yes as they can be added to the list that is on here

The driving school is Kent Metro, and yes they are offering CPC courses for ADR all sections for which they’ll run you a 35 hour credit for. You get change out of a grand as well, but that was last Autumn, so I can’t vouch for that being a good deal right this minute. :question:

Kent Metro have been going for donkeys years, and you always used to get one-on-one tuition rather than that two (pupil) guys in a cab thing you see other firms in the area do. They must be OK If they can get a ■■■■■■■■ like me through a LGV1 test first time out despite the fact I’d only passed my car test 2 years earlier - on the third attempt! :blush: :blush: :blush:

My instructer told me that if you drive each day like you’ve only just passed, then you’ll do fine.
I reckon he was right!
RIP Stan. :frowning:

Winseer:

animal:

Winseer:

The driving school is Kent Metro, and yes they are offering CPC courses for ADR all sections for which they’ll run you a 35 hour credit for. You get change out of a grand as well, but that was last Autumn, so I can’t vouch for that being a good deal right this minute. :question:

Kent Metro have been going for donkeys years, and you always used to get one-on-one tuition rather than that two (pupil) guys in a cab thing you see other firms in the area do. They must be OK If they can get a [zb] like me through a LGV1 test first time out despite the fact I’d only passed my car test 2 years earlier - on the third attempt! :blush: :blush: :blush:

My instructer told me that if you drive each day like you’ve only just passed, then you’ll do fine.
I reckon he was right!
RIP Stan. :frowning:

Change out of a grand !!! :open_mouth: I should flamin hope so! ADR with TANKS and 21 hours DCPC is around £550. Add a further 14 hours DCPC at £100 and there should be plenty of change.

or am I just talkin ‘oop north’ prices.

Thanks tallyman & others for the useful info. :smiley:

HGV2Simon:
May be a ■■■■ question, but here goes:
Can getting an ADR Licence go towards my training hours towards my CPC Training?
Some training providers say it does & some say it does not!

Hi HGV2Simon,

An ADR course can count towards DCPC hours, but it’s not automatic that it will.
It’s perfectly possible that a driver who has completed their 35-hors DCPC might subequently need to go on an ADR course, so that driver would just pay for the ADR course, but not the DCPC fees. :smiley:

An ADR provider might have all the necessary SQA/DfT accreditations to run ADR courses, but maybe can’t be bothered with the rigmaroll and significant EXTRA costs of jumping through a set of extra hoops needed for gaining JAUPT accreditation to offer the DCPC element.

Thanks for all the advice and comments.
Now the BIG question!
Was looking to do the training near by in Surrey/Sussex or Somerset (can stay with family)
Any good firms to contact?

HGV2Simon:
Now the BIG question!
Was looking to do the training near by in Surrey/Sussex or Somerset (can stay with family)

Hi HGV2Simon,

Here’s one ADR provider I’d recommend… http://www.eptraining.co.uk/

When you speak to Sean, please tell him I suggested that you contact him. :smiley:

Good luck with your course.

dieseldave:

HGV2Simon:
Now the BIG question!

Hi HGV2Simon,

When you speak to Sean, please tell him I suggested that you contact him. :smiley:

can you recommend the leeds area dave.

jessicas dad:

dieseldave:

HGV2Simon:
Now the BIG question!

Hi HGV2Simon,

I am booked on here next monday at fitzwilliam nr pontefract

hgvtraining.net/training-cou … dous-goods

or you could try here.

hargreavestraining.com/hargr … Training/_

jessicas dad:

Hi Alex,

Yes mate here are a few from my master list of ADR providers, but I’ve had no connection with any of them, so I’m afraid I can’t recommend any of them.

Roadways Container Logistics
Valley Farm Way
Stourton
Leeds
LS10 1SE
Tel: 0113 296 8343
Email: b.abrahams@roadways.co.uk

Freight Transport Association
Northern Region
Hermes House
2 Manor Road,
Horsforth
Leeds
LS18 4DX
Tel: 0113 258 9861
Email: cfraser@fta.co.uk

Trident Training
18 William Prince Grove
Wakefield
WF1 5ET
Tel: 01924 200 200
Email: sue_burkinshaw@hotmail.com

Salvesen Logistics
Normanton Industrial Estate
Pontefract Road
Wakefield
WF6 1RW
Tel: 01924 899518
Email: stephanie.tibble@norbert-dentressangle.com

DK Training Services
21 Yew Lane
Garforth
LS25 2JS
Tel: 0113 286 4513
Email: Dktraining2@aol.com

TDG European Chemical
Nab Lane
Batley
WF17 9NH
Tel: 01924420455

HGV2Simon:
Now the BIG question!

If you want to come to Somerset, Friendberry have registered their ADR courses for DCPC

not used them for ADR, but used them for Operator CPC and some Driver CPC.