ADR Test

Hi guys.

So ive done my class 2 and planning my class 1 early next month.

I really want to do my ADR.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do now? Someone mentioned that some of it counts towards your cpc, is this correct?

Thabks

Madguy. :imp:

It can count towards your DCPC if they are registered

Have a look at this hope it helps

adr-courses.co.uk/

You could call them and ask or contact Deiseldave as he is a freelance ADR instructor

Hi Madguy,

I have just completed my ADR today, everthing except Class 1 & 7 and yes you are right it counts towards your DCPC, 21 hours in total.

What else i would add is do not under estimate the course and exams, it was real tuff and i am not some old dum numpty either.
You are going to have to dedicate a whole week to class room and extra study in the evening with little distraction.

Rocketman:
Hi Madguy,

I have just completed my ADR today, everthing except Class 1 & 7 and yes you are right it counts towards your DCPC, 21 hours in total.

What else i would add is do not under estimate the course and exams, it was real tuff and i am not some old dum numpty either.
You are going to have to dedicate a whole week to class room and extra study in the evening with little distraction.

Yep done mine 3 years ago now

As said the course has to be registered to count towards your dcpc

just done my packages last week and was told that altho it counts as 21 hours Dcpc when you renew in 5 years time you cant have it again!! is that right? or is it the trainer BS so to get you to book some more days training

ps i thought ADR was a 6 hour training day X3 plus exams
and Dcpc is 7hours a day
is it me?

malcolmj:
just done my packages last week and was told that altho it counts as 21 hours Dcpc when you renew in 5 years time you cant have it again!! is that right? or is it the trainer BS so to get you to book some more days training

and Dcpc is 7hours a day
is it me?

Only full days of training can be counted towards DCPC.

Initial ADR Core, Packages, Classes 2-6, 8 and 9 is typically 3 days of training plus 0.5 days of exams - that’s 21 hours DCPC if you are at a JAUPT registered provider and pay the upload fee.

Initial ADR Core, Packages, Tanks, Classes 2-6, 8 and 9 is typically 4 days of training plus 0.5 days of exams. The DCPC credit at a JAUPT registered provider if you pay the upload fee is 28 hours (21 hours if they don’t have the tanks module registered for DCPC).

Renewal of either of the above is typically two days of training plus the exams. DCPC credit varies, though it seems that many providers offer 7 hours for an ADR renewal if you pay the upload fee.

malcolmj:

and Dcpc is 7hours a day
is it me?

Hi malcolmj,

That’s about right mate, but what usually happens is that the standard ADR timetable (as approved by SQA) is ‘stretched, fettled and twiddled’ to suit the JAUPT requirements for DCPC.

In practice, that means that there’ll be either an extra confirmation/revision session, or an extra video and discussion to fulfil the JAUPT requirement for a 7-hour day. It’s not possible for the ADR exams to count towards DCPC, because exams are not regarded as tuition.

I recently ran an ADR course at which I was verified by both SQA and JAUPT on the same day!!
The two inspectors sat next to each other at the back of the class. :exclamation: :open_mouth:

Good on you Dave sending them to the back of the room :laughing:

P.S hope you keeping well.