Adr tanks add on

3 part question here I passed my adr core and packages back in august 2021 so obviously that will expire in 2026. I’m thinking of doing the tanks section but if i pass when will my adr expire?

Second question that i think i can guess the answer but would appreciate conformation is i assume the adr assumes knowledge of tanks and or tankers and is solely there to deal with the adr side of carrying dangerous substances above 1499 liters is this correct and if so would i struggle with the adr course as i have no idea about tankers?.

lastly is there a course that i can do kinda like hiab etc but for tankers?

[quote="cooper1203]
3 part question here I passed my adr core and packages back in august 2021 so obviously that will expire in 2026. I’m thinking of doing the tanks section but if i pass when will my adr expire? [/quote]

Your Tanks would expire when your Core expires, so 2026

[quote="cooper1203]
Second question that i think i can guess the answer but would appreciate conformation is i assume the adr assumes knowledge of tanks and or tankers and is solely there to deal with the adr side of carrying dangerous substances above 1499 liters is this correct and if so would i struggle with the adr course as i have no idea about tankers?[/quote]

Tanks is not just about the ADR aspect, it also covers aspects of tanker work for non-hazardous goods (rollover, ullage requirements, risk of implosion etc). The module (wisely) assumes nothing. Why are you stating 1499 litres? That’s not particularly relevant, 1000 litres would be one relevancy (fixed tank), as would 3000 litres (removable tank). Basically, choose your ADR provider carefully, follow the instructor’s directions, take notes and do your homework, and there is no reason you won’t pass all exams first time around (exam for exam pass rate for my candidates is around 96%)

Not quite sure what you’re getting at there, but no.
The ADR course covers the basic training requirements; there is an obligation for employers that they should provide a minimum 2x training units worth of practical training (90 minutes).
Incidentally, don’t worry about PDP, it’s not essential unless you were going to be entering a refinery, which isn’t highly likely.

Hmmm… Teething problems with multi-quotes.

thanks for the reply. i got 1499 because i thought 1500 was the change over point. but that might be one specific thing (diesel) thinking about it i should of known better

my third question was that if i wish to do hiab work i would need to attend a course to be able to do so. same as moffet work. As i know the square root of nothing about tanks i was worried that i would be at a disadvantage both on the course and if i got a job.

for example i would of assumed all tanks took air in as they were being emptied automatically if i hadn’t read a post once where one nearly imploded because the vents hadn’t been opened so a vacuum was being created

That’s where the 90 mins of employer training comes into play, there’s no “ticketed” practical, examined component, as you would have with a hiab course, unless you did do the PDP, which as I’ve said, you can ignore for now.

Are you trying to get extra qualifications for a specific job or just to be ready in case summat turns up?

You might learn about tanks on the food side which are (normally) non haz.

To drive haz tanks you will need (open to correction) Core, Tanks, plus a ticket for every class you may carry eg 3 Flammable Liquids or 8 Corrosive. Plus another tick for 2 Gas if doing that.

Meant to add: If you were looking at ADR to get some DCPC hours (I highly recommend this) CHECK with the training provider what their package will get you. My courses get you 28 hours if you do Tanks, not everyone offers that, so ask, don’t just assume.

im just trying to improve my chances of work or at least expand on the number of jobs i can reasonably apply for.

i already have all classes apart for 1 and 7. I assumed maybe wrongly that would transfer over to tanks rather than having to do all the classes again

to be honest i would gladly do your or daves course i feel i would learn a hell of a lot rather than doing an adhoc course where i may just learn the bare minimum. However i am in kent and therefore at the other end of the country from you both

Tanks is one extra module. One tank module will cover any and all of your existing class tickets. Sorry if I wasn`t clear.