ADR / TANKERS

Is it worth going in for the ADR with or without tankers. My agency said i would get work for £1 an hour more. But i dont want to pay up to £1000 out for an extra pound an hour. Any opinions?

Assuming it is £1k and then an extra £1 an hour, if you did 40hrs a week you’d get that back in a couple of weeks over 6 months, now that can’t be a bad return surely?

My personal opinion is that, in this industry, its best to have as many “strings to your bow” as possible, as I think employers take note of it, both agencies and permanent.

If you DON’T want to do it then obviously don’t, but if you have the means and the agency have work for you to do with it then, if it were me, I’d go for it.

Alex

I belive so, when i was looking at jobs in
the UK HOYER was offering 33,ooo pounds
a year for , it was a 40 hr week,again it
all depends on on where you are and what
the agencey can pay, ROBK;, COFFEEE-
HOLIC; or one of the many others who
do mainly agencey work will be able
to give you perhaps a better qualified
answer,

£1000 seems a bit high, I priced it at around £700-£750
Hargreaves website lists 2007 prices as;
COURSE FEES 1ST JANUARY 2007
Duration…Price…VAT…Total
5 Days…£310… £67.55 …£453.55
4 Days…£310…£54.25…£364.25
3 Days…£232…£40.60…£272.60
Please Note: From 1st October 2006 Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) become the awarding body for certification of this qualification. As a result examination fees have been increased to £20 per examination paper.
As I understand the hidden cost such as exam fees etc for 7 classes (tanks and packs) adds around £200-£250 to the course fee
http://www.hargreavestraining.com/docs/course/ADR001/ADR001_ADR_Initial_Course_-_2008_Pricelist.pdf

mine cost me just over £500 last October with transed training in Stoke on Trent, that was for all classes except 1 and 7 in packages and tanks.

I did packages with Transed - I found them to be quite good, but I wasnt paying so that probably helped.