ADR Tanker driver question

Hi all, its been a while since I’ve been on here but its the most useful place when ever I have a question for anything to do with the industry! I’m currently looking into taking my adr as it goes towards your cpc hours and I fancy upping myself Ive got 5 years experience had my class 1 for 10 years nearly. Is it worth doing or not? I did the packages multiple choice modules 10 years ago when I was in the army and passed but not tankers as we didn’t require it but the ticket has now expired. Could you all let me know how easy/hard it is to get into I don’t mind agency work or whatever. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Williams9881:
Hi all, its been a while since I’ve been on here but its the most useful place when ever I have a question for anything to do with the industry! I’m currently looking into taking my adr as it goes towards your cpc hours and I fancy upping myself Ive got 5 years experience had my class 1 for 10 years nearly. Is it worth doing or not? I did the packages multiple choice modules 10 years ago when I was in the army and passed but not tankers as we didn’t require it but the ticket has now expired. Could you all let me know how easy/hard it is to get into I don’t mind agency work or whatever. Thanks in advance for any replies!

it very much depends on what area you live in and what kind of transport is in your area ,if it is mainly food /fridges /tautliners whats the point ,the area i’m from was the largest chemical complex in the country at one stage and everybody carried chemicals at some point ,but we was a short distance from fords so the town had car transporters tankers,and even fridges as well as flats,strech lowlowders because of the foundry etc etc but where i live now nothing but fridges and tautliners ,i still have class 1 and full adr and if i was going back to work full time it wouldn’t be here ,i would travel for the bigger money and tramp ,but then thats my choice

Williams9881:
Hi all, I’m currently looking into taking my adr as it goes towards your cpc hours and I fancy upping myself. Is it worth doing or not? Thanks in advance for any replies!

scrotumscratcher:
it very much depends

+1
As mentioned above, you also have to take into consideration things like your nationality/race, if you know someone worth knowing in the industry or not etc. It’s a very competitive job market out there & the employers can afford to be picky when recruiting as you can appreciate, you seem to have one very good thing going for you & that’s the fact that you’re ex military (recently ads have been seen where they were specifically hiring ex military tanker drivers). So the question is are you willing to gamble a bit of money in exchange for some CPC hours if things don’t quite work out? If the answer is yes then go for it, if not then I’d say don’t bother, I tried it but it didn’t work out for me but don’t let that put you off. My advice is to do your research (this forum is a good place to start), do a bit of networking if you can & think positively-good luck…[emoji2]