ADR regulations

Hi , I’m new to this forum so forgive me if this had been asked before . I have a a few questions regarding ADR regs . The first question is , do you ADR regs come into force due to the capacity of the tank, regardless of the contents . For instance , if I carry 500 l
of diesel in a 3000l capacity tank . And secondly , we often carry power safes , which are a 10 ft store with generator and tank which are secured to the floor of the store . ( the tank inside these are bigger than 1000l ) . Does this come under ADR regs ? I’d appreciate any feed back . Thanks .

EDGE0595:
Hi , I’m new to this forum so forgive me if this had been asked before . I have a a few questions regarding ADR regs . The first question is , do you ADR regs come into force due to the capacity of the tank, regardless of the contents . For instance , if I carry 500 l
of diesel in a 3000l capacity tank . And secondly , we often carry power safes , which are a 10 ft store with generator and tank which are secured to the floor of the store . ( the tank inside these are bigger than 1000l ) . Does this come under ADR regs ? I’d appreciate any feed back . Thanks .

From memory, you mean an IBC

And generators do not come under ADR even if the tank is full.

The full info is in here, use the search button in the left hand corner of the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23162&p=705035&hilit=bowser#p704937

EDGE0595:
of diesel in a 3000l capacity tank .

Hi EDGE0595,

Given that you’ve mentioned a generator, do you mean that we’re talking of some sort of plant-hire type operation please?

ADR has several exemptions, some of them relate to the type of business, whilst others relate to the quantity carried, but I need to ask a couple of questions please…

Could you say whether the thing that you’re calling a “tank” looks something like this please??

Also, can you see any marking or manufacturer’s plate on it that looks like this please??
(Please look for the letters “UN” in a circle and possibly 31A / Y just after it)

EDGE0595:
And secondly , we often carry power safes , which are a 10 ft store with generator and tank which are secured to the floor of the store . ( the tank inside these are bigger than 1000l ) . Does this come under ADR regs ? I’d appreciate any feed back . Thanks .

Are the generator and its fuel source two separate items that need to be connected together once they arrive on site, or is the whole lot built into one unit within the store please?
Also, what size is the generator’s fuel tank please?

Wheel Nut:
The full info is in here, use the search button in the left hand corner of the thread.

Funny you should mention that actually because searching this forum using the built in search functions ‘adr’ returns NO HITS at all! If it was too short a word then it should say so, right? But no, it doesn’t.

Saratoga:

Wheel Nut:

Funny you should mention that actually because searching this forum using the built in search functions ‘adr’ returns NO HITS at all! If it was too short a word then it should say so, right? But no, it doesn’t.

You can either search forums (Top Right) or search topics (Left Hand Side)

And ADR is probably too short as you say

[zb] :frowning: