ADR question

garnerlives:
If you carry over 8tonnes of lq goods you must show your orange plates, I believe, however it doesn’t trigger full adr as you are carrying LQ.

Spot-on Jon. :smiley:

garnerlives:
All the vehicle would require is a 2kg minimum fire extinguisher as it is carrying some dangerous goods

Sorry Jon, wrong this time. :frowning:

You forgot to keep LQs separate from ‘carriage below ADR threshold.’

No amount of LQs triggers a fire-extinguisher requirement.

If you remember my slideshow, the fire-extinguisher requirement is in another chapter of ADR, which the section about LQs says: “doesn’t apply.”

:bulb: Bet you remember it now!! :smiley: :grimacing:

Thanks Dave the trainer was indeed correct, just me interpritting it wrong! LOL Thats a daft rule!!!

skids:
If your firm are carrying adr on a regular basis then should they not be employing a DGSA (dangerous goods safety advisor)?

Hi skids,

Yes mate, you’re spot-on. :smiley:

It’s an offence under CDG 2009 Reg.5 and ADR 2009 1.8.3.1 to fail to appoint a DGSA, for which a consignor and/or carrier could be prosecuted in the UK.

This has been the position in the UK continuously ever since 31/12/1999, but back then the reference would have been: TDGSA 1999 Reg.4

Imp:
Thanks Dave the trainer was indeed correct, just me interpritting it wrong! LOL Thats a daft rule!!!

I’m fairly sure that it might be changed yet again when ADR 2011 comes out later this year.
I even think I know what the new marking might be, but I’m keeping my powder dry for the time being. :smiley:
I’ll update the main ADR sticky as soon as I’ve got something definitive. :wink:

(And yes, it is [very] daft as it stands, but I can see what they’re trying to achieve. :wink:)