ADR question

Hopefully the image will upload but I was given those with my paperwork. There is a note about hazardous goods on the paperwork

First should I display those stickers?

Second I don’t have an ADR card so should I be doing the delivery?

Thanks

Yeah, one on the back doors, one on the dash or the headboard. Think you’re supposed to have them on the sides too, but nobody seems too fussed about them. No need for ADR with LQ.

Judging by the paperwork, they have been doing these loads for many years and know what they’re doing. I wouldn’t worry.

Drempels:
Yeah, one on the back doors, one on the dash or the headboard. Think you’re supposed to have them on the sides too, but nobody seems too fussed about them. No need for ADR with LQ.

Judging by the paperwork, they have been doing these loads for many years and know what they’re doing. I wouldn’t worry.

Thanks I hoped it should be ok but wanted to check

LQ (Limited Quantities), so you are perfectly fine to carry this load without an ADR.

It’s more to do with how they’re packaged, I do them regularly and I haven’t had an ADR for many years.

Bleach, is it?

Drempels:
It’s more to do with how they’re packaged, I do them regularly and I haven’t had an ADR for many years.

Bleach, is it?

Yes. 12,408 kg of it.

Thanks for your help

kcrussell25:

Drempels:

Bleach, is it?

Yes. 12,408 kg of it.

Thanks for your help

No probs, safe trip :slight_smile:

kcrussell25:
Hopefully the image will upload but I was given those with my paperwork. There is a note about hazardous goods on the paperwork

Hi kcrussel25,

Yes, you should display those placards.
One on the front of the vehicle, the other one on the rear of the vehicle.

kcrussell25:

Assuming that there are no other dangerous goods on board (these may have to be considered separately) then you’re good to go without an ADR card as long as you have had some general awareness training which has been documented. However, this does NOT have to be carried on board the vehicle.

Drempels:
Yeah, one on the back doors, one on the dash or the headboard.

Hi Drempels,
The front one must be on the front of the vehicle

Drempels:
Think you’re supposed to have them on the sides too, but nobody seems too fussed about them.

There’s no need to placard the sides of the vehicle if the entire journey is by road.

Placards are only required on the sides (for this job) only whilst the vehicle is being carried on a ferry.

Drempels:
No need for ADR with LQ.

Agreed. :smiley:

dieseldave:

kcrussell25:

Hi kcrussel25,

kcrussell25:

Assuming that there are no other dangerous goods on board (these may have to be considered separately) then you’re good to go without an ADR card as long as you have had some general awareness training which has been documented. However, this does NOT have to be carried on board the vehicle.

Thanks Dave,

What is the “general awareness training”? I may have had it but am not sure as I am only agency so haven’t had the full induction. I don’t recall anything specific. Might need to mention it for future

kcrussell25:

dieseldave:

kcrussell25:

Hi kcrussel25,

kcrussell25:

Thanks Dave,

What is the “general awareness training”? I may have had it but am not sure as I am only agency so haven’t had the full induction. I don’t recall anything specific. Might need to mention it for future

I could be wrong but would assume it is being briefed on what you are carrying and what to do in the event of an accident etc. I. E spillage onto road that can enter the water ways. Who to call in tje event etc.

That’s my best guess but I know naff all about ADR.

dieseldave:

Drempels:
Yeah, one on the back doors, one on the dash or the headboard.

Hi Drempels,
The front one must be on the front of the vehicle

Drempels:
Think you’re supposed to have them on the sides too, but nobody seems too fussed about them.

There’s no need to placard the sides of the vehicle if the entire journey is by road.

Placards are only required on the sides (for this job) only whilst the vehicle is being carried on a ferry.

Drempels:
No need for ADR with LQ.

Agreed. :smiley:

Cheers dieseldave, kept seeing them on the sides of trailers that will never see a boat in their lives, and I thought maybe the safety freaks had made yet another “improvement”! :smiley:

Drempels:
Cheers dieseldave, kept seeing them on the sides of trailers that will never see a boat in their lives, and I thought maybe the safety freaks had made yet another “improvement”! :smiley:

Hi Drempels,

In my experience, it’s based on a misunderstanding.

Placards are required on all four sides of an ISO container by road, rail and sea. We’re all on the same hymn-sheet on this, which saves the container brigade from arsing around swopping placards at points of interchange between modes of carriage.

Placards are required on all four sides of a ferry trailer exactly as above, because that can also travel by road (ADR) rail (RID) or sea (IMDG.)

Some people get themselves a bit mixed up at the point that they consider a normal trailer that’s solely on a road journey, which only requires to follow the rules in ADR for a vehicle/trailer travelling on a road journey, which are in this case… An LQ placard on the front of the tractor unit and another LQ placard on the rear of the trailer.

kcrussell25:

Hi kcrussell25,

ADR says that the training should be appropriate to the responsibility and duties of the individual concerned, so it will vary according to the particular job.

As a rough guide, a driver should be familiar with the general requirements for the carriage of dangerous goods. When carriage involves a multimodal transport operation, the personnel should be aware of the general requirements concerning other transport modes.

In line with the degree of risk of injury or exposure arising from an incident involving the carriage of the dangerous goods that you’re going to carry, including loading and unloading if that’s what is expected of you, personnel should be trained in the hazards and dangers presented by dangerous goods. The training provided should aim to make you aware of the safe handling and emergency response procedures.

Given that we’re talking of LQs, the above can be tailored to fit the particular job, but it shouldn’t be anything too complicated.

The training should be periodically refreshed to take account of changes in regulations. Records of training received should be kept by be kept by the employer and made available to the employee (or enforcement agencies) upon request.

:bulb: If you were to attend just day #1 of a normal ADR course, this would give you more that required above and be eligible for 7 hrs DCPC at the same time. This is perfectly allowable, and you wouldn’t need to sit any ADR exam. The 7hr DCPC certificate then kills two birds with one stone. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Drempels:

Hi Drempels,

In my experience, it’s based on a misunderstanding.

Placards are required on all four sides of an ISO container by road, rail and sea. We’re all on the same hymn-sheet on this, which saves the container brigade from arsing around swopping placards at points of interchange between modes of carriage.

Placards are required on all four sides of a ferry trailer exactly as above, because that can also travel by road (ADR) rail (RID) or sea (IMDG.)

Some people get themselves a bit mixed up at the point that they consider a normal trailer that’s solely on a road journey, which only requires to follow the rules in ADR for a vehicle/trailer travelling on a road journey, which are in this case… An LQ placard on the front of the tractor unit and another LQ placard on the rear of the trailer.

All good mate, thanks for clearing that up for me! :slight_smile:

dieseldave:

kcrussell25:

Hi kcrussell25,

ADR says that the training should be appropriate to the responsibility and duties of the individual concerned, so it will vary according to the particular job.

As a rough guide, a driver should be familiar with the general requirements for the carriage of dangerous goods. When carriage involves a multimodal transport operation, the personnel should be aware of the general requirements concerning other transport modes.

In line with the degree of risk of injury or exposure arising from an incident involving the carriage of the dangerous goods that you’re going to carry, including loading and unloading if that’s what is expected of you, personnel should be trained in the hazards and dangers presented by dangerous goods. The training provided should aim to make you aware of the safe handling and emergency response procedures.

Given that we’re talking of LQs, the above can be tailored to fit the particular job, but it shouldn’t be anything too complicated.

The training should be periodically refreshed to take account of changes in regulations. Records of training received should be kept by be kept by the employer and made available to the employee (or enforcement agencies) upon request.

:bulb: If you were to attend just day #1 of a normal ADR course, this would give you more that required above and be eligible for 7 hrs DCPC at the same time. This is perfectly allowable, and you wouldn’t need to sit any ADR exam. The 7hr DCPC certificate then kills two birds with one stone. :smiley:

Thanks Dave

I have actually booked a course for June using the open day offer at PSTT but that’s not until June so just have to manage until then.

Thanks for the very through answer