Adr question

OVLOV JAY:
If you’ve never had any dangerous goods training then you’re perfectly entitled to refuse. You don’t need an adr for ltd qty, but you have to have adr awareness training, which can be a stand alone course, or an expired adr licence. The fact you’re asking the question suggests neither applies.

This is my biggest bug bare with the revised adr regs, non haz drivers carrying lq loads. In theory, a non haz driver can carry 30,000 litres of petrol, with no training, ppe or vehicle equipment, if it’s loaded in lq receptacles. Yet one single 5 ltr drum, if not an eq load, needs full adr, ppe and vehicle equipment. Totally stupid

Hi OVLOV JAY,

You’re not quite correct about the single 5L drum, because that would be when 1.1.3.6 applies.

The easiest way to think about 1.1.3.6 is that it applies when the ‘stuff’ isn’t packed as LQs.

dieseldave:

OVLOV JAY:
If you’ve never had any dangerous goods training then you’re perfectly entitled to refuse. You don’t need an adr for ltd qty, but you have to have adr awareness training, which can be a stand alone course, or an expired adr licence. The fact you’re asking the question suggests neither applies.

This is my biggest bug bare with the revised adr regs, non haz drivers carrying lq loads. In theory, a non haz driver can carry 30,000 litres of petrol, with no training, ppe or vehicle equipment, if it’s loaded in lq receptacles. Yet one single 5 ltr drum, if not an eq load, needs full adr, ppe and vehicle equipment. Totally stupid

Hi OVLOV JAY,

You’re not quite correct about the single 5L drum, because that would be when 1.1.3.6 applies.

The easiest way to think about 1.1.3.6 is that it applies when the ‘stuff’ isn’t packed as LQs.

Yeah I was using it as a flippant quote at the start, but I did later state it would be a small load exemption

OVLOV JAY:

dieseldave:

OVLOV JAY:

Hi OVLOV JAY,

Yeah I was using it as a flippant quote at the start, but I did later state it would be a small load exemption

Oops, sorry!! So you did. :blush: :blush:

dieseldave:

OVLOV JAY:

dieseldave:

OVLOV JAY:

Hi OVLOV JAY,

Oops, sorry!! So you did. :blush: :blush:

:blush: :blush: thinks me needs to take a refresher on adr lost me half way :blush: good job im on a powder tank :open_mouth:

OVLOV JAY & dieseldave are bang on the money …LQ loads can be carried upto the load capacity of the vehicle carrying them providing the receptacle size (single package) does not exceed the allowance in Table A ADR (less than 5 kgs/5 litres - but these differ for each product). Also non-approved packages maybe used for LQ loads, whereas loads under Transport Category small loads exemptions e.g 333kgs/ltrs in total must use ADR/UN approved packagings, such as 25 litre steel drums, for example.

Other provision regarding LQ loads, apart from awareness training is the marking of the vehicle on payloads upwards of 8 tonnes on a vehicle above 12 tonnes GVW.

Update/edit to above post ^^^ khdgsa is also correct with his reponse(s).