Adr question

Hi I’ve passed my class one this week and booked myself on a adr course starting on Monday.
I’ve been offered a job straight away working with my brother doing tanker work, I want to know if I passed the online exam could I start straight away or do I have to wait for the certificate to arrive would you get a temporary pass certificate like you do with a driving test??

Thanks in advance

No temporary pass

Think you have to wait for licence to come through before you can start work though shouldnt take long mine took about 2 weeks

duckie:
Hi I’ve passed my class one this week and booked myself on a adr course starting on Monday.
I’ve been offered a job straight away working with my brother doing tanker work, I want to know if I passed the online exam could I start straight away or do I have to wait for the certificate to arrive would you get a temporary pass certificate like you do with a driving test??

Thanks in advance

Hi duckie,

animal has this correct mate, you do have to wait for your ADR card to arrive.

It shouldn’t take long though, cos the wait for most folks is caused by the exam marking process, but you’ve bypassed that part by taking the online exam.

dieseldave:

duckie:

Thanks in advance

Hi duckie,

It shouldn’t take long though, cos the wait for most folks is caused by the exam marking process, but you’ve bypassed that part by taking the online exam.

There’s an online exam? How does this work in relation to tuition? Do you learn all you need to know online, or do you seek training elsewhere, then simply take the exam online?

The company my dad works for have said they’ll put me through my ADR once I passed my class 1 (which I’ve done now) and they’re working out where to send me. The whole online thing sounds like it could speed the process up. I’m itching to get my hands on a lorry, and all the waiting in between is painful!

Endgame:

dieseldave:

duckie:

Thanks in advance

Hi duckie,

There’s an online exam? How does this work in relation to tuition? Do you learn all you need to know online, or do you seek training elsewhere, then simply take the exam online?

The company my dad works for have said they’ll put me through my ADR once I passed my class 1 (which I’ve done now) and they’re working out where to send me. The whole online thing sounds like it could speed the process up. I’m itching to get my hands on a lorry, and all the waiting in between is painful!

Still learn the same just do test on line ( bit like your theory ) instead of paper might be a bit quicker as no post etc to wait for but still have to wait for licence to come back from dvla

animal:

Endgame:

dieseldave:

duckie:

Thanks in advance

Hi duckie,

Still learn the same just do test on line ( bit like your theory ) instead of paper might be a bit quicker as no post etc to wait for but still have to wait for licence to come back from dvla

Ahh, I see.

I wish I could get my hands on some proper revision material. I spoke to Dave about it, and he advised against it, due to the fact stuff changes so often. I was thinking, that maybe, the online thing would have been training, too. That would have made things easier!

Endgame:

animal:

Endgame:

dieseldave:

duckie:

Thanks in advance

Hi duckie,

Ahh, I see.

I wish I could get my hands on some proper revision material. I spoke to Dave about it, and he advised against it, due to the fact stuff changes so often. I was thinking, that maybe, the online thing would have been training, too. That would have made things easier!

Dave is right dont revise when do course listen it not hard at end of day all multi choice questions easy enough

Knowing what each of the diamond signs mean will stand you in good stead as they never seem to change

ROG:
Knowing what each of the diamond signs mean will stand you in good stead as they never seem to change

Some have recently changed though

I briefly remembered the odd diamond shaped question coming up in theory study material - some were ADR related, but most of them were for trams, if I remember rightly?

I could have sworn that DriverTheory4all covered ADR, but after checking their website out again, I can’t find anything on it. Must have been the ADI I mixed it up with!

Something I learnt today - The shapes aren’t diamonds, they’re “squares on different angles” :unamused: Which, well,is a diamond? Lol.

Core exam tomorrow. I’m so sick of taking tests- I’ll be glad when I’m finished!