ADR Packages & Tank course passed. Please read

Hows it going fellas, I passed my adr and tank course the card came through the other day… The only thing is I can’t remember anything I learned! I remember the classes and one of the most important things of all petrol ignites with an ignition source. But seriously did anyone else have this problem? I can remember things like what IMDG stands for lol but Im to paranoid to even try and get my foot in anywhere in case of a test. I did the course so I could afford to live and the devils that are the CSA but now I dunno if im going to anywhere with it. Id be willing to work free for a month and sit in with another driver if it meant id be fuelling at the end of it, Id even do the ■■■ tanks but I dunno. Basically Im just asking did anyone else have the memory siv problem after passing? Ive got the books that we got from the course they don’t go into detail about anything there just powerpoint slides. Thanks for any replies given.

If you knew how many people I’ve taught say exactly the same thing! as long as you remember the most important thing (RUN!), you’ll be just fine. Believe me, most people who may interview you for a job using ADR probably know nothing about it - they don’t do the course! Good luck out there.

We had a 2 days break between the end of the course and the test. I’d forgotten almost every single thing come test day and still passed easily.
It’s just common sense. You don’t need to know half of it anyway, that’s someone else’s job.

Plenty of people pass their driving test then forget everything they learned so its pretty common.

The-Snowman:
Plenty of people pass their driving test then forget everything they learned so its pretty common.

Bit harsh on yourself there mate! :wink:

Yes OP, it is difficult to remember everything that you learnt on the course, but you need to appreciate that your mind is focusing on and stressing about the bits you can’t remember! I’m sure if you did a test you should be fine…

I recently did an agency ADR test and passed without issue, and it’s about a year since I sat my ADR.

So stop worrying pal! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

The-Snowman:

Bit harsh on yourself there mate! :wink:

That’s uncalled for.
I was in a very bad car crash that wasn’t my fault and I was in a bad way. Lost my left leg and my left arm.
Im alright now

snowman,you’ll be quite good at hopping then by now i would have thought,

williams,all your product training should be done in house,how good you are with tanker work should be based on the training you recieve from this source

Thanks for the replies really appreciate it… Glad its not just me then, its like anything the world experience and knowledge are 2 different things. Ill start ringing around in the morning Im sure ill post on here and you all know how I get on. Some decent hourly rates round my area, kingsbury are 17 quid an hour :astonished: but I got told by a few people its dead mans shoes. Thanks again anyway :smiley:.