ADR Packages, Class one work, what's the going rate?

As the title suggests, what is the going rate. Just been offered £8.50 an hour, told the agency to ■■■■ off!

Got paid £8.00 with the same qualifications up until I retired two years ago. I think it depends on where you’re based and how hard you look. ADR is pretty much the standard now and doesn’t command much in the way of premium payments.

Doesn’t make a lot of difference if youve got an ology` behind your name, your gonna get screwed whichever way. At some companies they will pay that bit extra, but most wont, the job is advertised for eg HGV driver, class 1, must have ADR, mounted crane experience, Moffat experience etc, etc, and the rate is £■■■ per week, plus extras…take it or leave it, but I agree that drivers who dedicate their time and money to gaining extra qualifications, rarely see that extra £ that’s been invested, but at least your standing your ground.

Yes, £8 is not enough. Depends on your circumstances, there’s a lot more to worry about than pulling bra’s and knickers around all day. :exclamation:

The same agency pays £8.75 to trunk cardboard. Plus the guy seems dodgy as ■■■■!

Depends where you are. I’m paid £8 per hour for 40 hours, plus five hours guaranteed overtime at £10.88 per hour, plus a £60 night shift allowance each week. That’s for night shift ADR trunking. I take home around £370 a week, which is enough for me. If I work more hours, they’re paid at £10.88, but I’d rather have the time than the money.
If you’re not happy with it, fair enough, but as Truckboy and ROF have both pointed out, an ADR ticket doesn’t tend to carry a premium nowadays. Its principal value is in being able to take on work you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do, when you’d be sitting idle if not for your ADR licence.

I work for a chemical manufacture, supply and distribution company as a class 2 driver (I also hold a class 1), I’m contracted to 50 hours a week although i very rearly do that, but still take home my contracted wage regardless, plus any overtime is paid separately. I do as little as 1 drop a day to as many as 6 and its job and knock. I take home 428 a week and more than 500 if i do a few hours on Saturday. There are companies out there who do pay a good wage for ADR trained drivers, but rear for jobs to come up as drivers don’t leave because of the good pay. Ive been with my firm since i passed my class 2 back in 2001. Our artic driver clears over 550 a week with an average of 10 deliveries a week.

I used to get 50p per hour and only used it 3 times commercially so i let it expire. It wasn’t worth the cost to renew as i would never have made enough extra to pay for the course so making it profitable just wasn’t going to happen. Especially when you calculate lost income from days on the course

When I renewed it last year, the incentive was really that I got 21hrs for DCPC as well.

FFS - Where’s that black swan? :frowning:

Engineers on the dole, Economics graduates working in MacDonalds, Oxford Dons teaching primary school math.

No wonder today’s young folk really believe that only sport and showbiz can make one rich within one’s own lifetime. :unamused: