Adr or hiab or both

Hi all, new to the forum please be patient. Considering getting either the adr or hiab solely for more varied and active work, also thought the hiab work would provide more family friendly work hours. Currently doing class 1 fridge working nights. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Personally I’d go for the Hi-ab, because as you stated more than likely it will be Monday to Friday 6am-6pm kind of hours and ADR work seems really hard to get into.

I’d go with Hiab.

Always a lot of builders merchant work around and the agencies are always keen if you have it but there’s also other more interesting and varied work you can do with Hiab experience.

Dealing with small builders, awkward sites, large sites, small sites, as well as angry school run mums/late for work commuters whilst you’re blocking roads unloading. The fun never stops.

Adr just sounds like a lot of regulations.

Also I think there may be a glut of add drivers around at the moment. If you are being forced to do the CPC it makes sense to take something that will add a string to your bow and I reckon a lot of folk will have opted for adr. I know I considered it for a while until I realised I can’t really see myself driving a tanker. The close scrutiny from the office would get on my ■■■■.