ADR online?

Is it possible to do the whole ADR 5 day course online?

If so, anyone be kind enough to recommend a decent provider I can have a mooch over please…

Cheers all [emoji41]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Benjie83:

Hi Benjie83,

No, no and thrice no. Not a chance!!

ADR is an attendance course, which means that you’d have to attend in a classroom that is approved for the purpose by SQA on behalf of the DfT.

I’m afraid there’s no wiggle room on this.

dieseldave:

Benjie83:

Hi Benjie83,

ADR is an attendance course, which means that you’d have to attend in a classroom that is approved for the purpose by SQA on behalf of the DfT.

Ooooh well, guess its wait until Lockdowns over then ffs [emoji849][emoji57]

Bless ya as always though dd [emoji41]

Benjie83:

dieseldave:

Benjie83:

Hi Benjie83,

Hi Benjie83,

I’m sorry for the disappointing news. :frowning:.

dieseldave:

Benjie83:

dieseldave:

Benjie83:

Hi Benjie83,

Hi Benjie83,

I’m sorry for the disappointing news. :frowning:.

Cheers dd, nah its cool bloke, nae your fault, bloody tec available you’d have thought it could be done, minus the obvious reasons for not doing it so of course [emoji38]

Ooooh well, I’ve still got the sun out over the garden so I’ll pause my wrist slitting just a touch longer…

O/p …I reckon Dave could reccomend a good course instructor at very competitive rates if you asked him. :wink:

(Dave, we’ll just call it 10% mate., that’ll do me. :laughing: )

hope the op doesn’t mind me jumping onto his post are the places that bring in an outside trainer valid? or does it have to be an accredited centre with their own instructor.

cooper1203:
hope the op doesn’t mind me jumping onto his post are the places that bring in an outside trainer valid?

Hi cooper1203,

Yes, it’s perfectly valid.
A place may have several reasons for bringing what you may see as an ‘outside’ instructor, so please don’t think it alarming.

The place may not have its own ADR ‘provider’ status, but that wouldn’t prevent them from employing another ADR provider who has a ‘mobile’ licence. In this case, it would normally be the outside provider’s instructor who delivers the course. The ‘outside’ provider is responsible for compliance with all aspects of the rules for running the course though.

The other scenario is an accredited provider (in their own right) chooses not to employ, or simply doesn’t have, an accredited ADR instructor, preferring to use an ‘outside’ instructor as and when needed.

cooper1203:
… or does it have to be an accredited centre with their own instructor.

Not necessarily, but see above. :smiley:

robroy:
O/p …I reckon Dave could reccomend a good course instructor at very competitive rates if you asked him. :wink:

Rob,

I know that I’ve explained this to you before, but here goes again…

It’s the provider who sets the rates and deals with their customers, such as companies or private individuals.

I am NOT a provider.

I am a freelance S/E instructor, so all the different providers I work for are my customers.

I like it this way, because I can work for who I want when I want, and all because none of them own me. :smiley:

Sorry Rob, but there’s no finder’s fee today, even if you gave me a discount. :frowning:

cooper1203:
hope the op doesn’t mind me jumping onto his post are the places that bring in an outside trainer valid? or does it have to be an accredited centre with their own instructor.

Not at all mate [emoji636] [emoji41]

robroy:

(Dave, we’ll just call it 10% mate., that’ll do me. [emoji38] )

Cheers Rob…

Yeah he’s been VERY helpful in the past to me via pm on this topic(he’s probs long forgot [emoji38]) just a DAMB shame no one can do a physical course at the mo.

Hey ho, was gonna gamble the doe an see if I could get a job this way but hooodlaroooo I’ll keep topping me tan line up in between chores till the world rewinds itself to a time of rational sense again…[emoji38]

dieseldave:

robroy:

Rob,

I know that I’ve explained this to you before, but here goes again…

It’s the provider who sets the rates and deals with their customers, such as companies or private individuals.

I am NOT a provider.

I am a freelance S/E instructor, so all the different providers I work for are my customers.

I like it this way, because I can work for who I want when I want, and all because none of them own me. :smiley:

Sorry Rob, but there’s no finder’s fee today, even if you gave me a discount. :frowning:

Ah well, God loves a tryer eh? :laughing:

I know you’ve told me but I WAS only joking. :smiley:

And to further flatter DD and any other ADR trainers on here…

Can I add that even passing the horror that is DGSA exam isn’t enough to become an accredited ADR trainer. You also have to do a whole load of extra stuff to become approved

Fair play to all you ADR trainers out there. I failed at the first hurdle :unamused: