ADR- next course dates

Next date for ADR is Monday 19th September for the week. Everything except radioactive and explosives. £500 minus 10% Trucknet discount so just £450 all in. No more for VAT or exams. And, completely free of charge - - 28 hours periodic training for driver cpc included (subject to eligibility).

Call the office to reserve your place: 01623 620062

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Next date for ADR is Monday 19th September for the week. Everything except radioactive and explosives. £500 minus 10% Trucknet discount so just £450 all in. No more for VAT or exams. And, completely free of charge - - 28 hours periodic training for driver cpc included (subject to eligibility).

Hi Peter,

I defo looking at this course, please may you help. Is it right you don’t receive your results straight after? - Prior to looking on here which is brilliant! - Some ADR course say you do? (Im still booking yours) - also without being negative, if I was to fail part/some of the course what happens? - Thanks so much

Simon

I’ve have to be vague here as I’m not the best person to answer the questions. But I can tell you that, if you take the exams at our centre, you will wait a couple of weeks (approx.) for the results. There is an alternative system, using t’internet, which produces the results (I think) immediately.

Ref failing part/all of the exams, truthfully, it’s never happened so I really cant tell you! (The truth is we’ve only been running ADR a short time and done, I think, 3 courses).

To get the answer, just call the office and they should be able to give you the answers.

Really sorry I cant help further - - ask me one on trucks!!

sandybeech:

Peter Smythe:

Hi Peter,

I defo looking at this course, please may you help. Is it right you don’t receive your results straight after? - Prior to looking on here which is brilliant! - Some ADR course say you do? (Im still booking yours) - also without being negative, if I was to fail part/some of the course what happens? - Thanks so much

Simon

Hi Simon,

Some ADR providers choose the paper-based exam system, whilst others choose the online exam system. (It’s the provider’s choice.)

When using the paper based exams, the results and ADR cards can take UP TO 5 weeks.
When using the online exam system, the results are known a few minutes after the last candidate has finished the last exam.
Either way up, you would have to be in possession of an ADR card when carrying a ‘regulated’ load.

With the paper based system, a ‘fail’ will take a while to show up, but it would usually need you to wait until the next course to attempt a resit.

With the online system, a fail shows up once the last candidate has finished the last exam.
A resit paper can then be taken straight away, at the provider’s discretion. (Time factor and a phone call to SQA.)

Either way up, everything you passed is kept safe in ‘the bank’ for you until you have a enough passes to be granted an ADR card, but you should check that you have everything that you wanted in the first place because there are circumstances in which an ADR card is issued, but doesn’t have everything you wanted.

The various ADR providers that I work for are split approx 50/50 between paper/online.

Thanks for that Dave. Happy to admit that I know very little about ADR though the folks in the office are a lot better informed which makes me feel better!

Peter Smythe:
Thanks for that Dave. Happy to admit that I know very little about ADR though the folks in the office are a lot better informed which makes me feel better!

I only chipped in to (hopefully) provide some info on the online exams, which the paper based providers might not know much about.
I hope it helped to answer Simon’s question. :smiley:

dieseldave:

sandybeech:

Peter Smythe:

Hi Peter,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Some ADR providers choose the paper-based exam system, whilst others choose the online exam system. (It’s the provider’s choice.)

When using the paper based exams, the results and ADR cards can take UP TO 5 weeks.
When using the online exam system, the results are known a few minutes after the last candidate has finished the last exam.
Either way up, you would have to be in possession of an ADR card when carrying a ‘regulated’ load.

With the paper based system, a ‘fail’ will take a while to show up, but it would usually need you to wait until the next course to attempt a resit.

With the online system, a fail shows up once the last candidate has finished the last exam.
A resit paper can then be taken straight away, at the provider’s discretion. (Time factor and a phone call to SQA.)

Either way up, everything you passed is kept safe in ‘the bank’ for you until you have a enough passes to be granted an ADR card, but you should check that you have everything that you wanted in the first place because there are circumstances in which an ADR card is issued, but doesn’t have everything you wanted.

The various ADR providers that I work for are split approx 50/50 between paper/online.

Dave,
Brilliant advice - thanks so much!!

Peter Smythe:

Thanks again Peter! Is there still places available for Sept ADR course?
Thank you…

Plenty of spaces; the course has only just opened for reservations.

I have one question:
What if I fail to the exam, do I have to repay my course or how is it working please?
Thanks.

loin2chezsoi:
I have one question:
What if I fail to the exam, do I have to repay my course or how is it working please?
Thanks.

Hi,

Every ADR course has several exams, but the good thing is that each exam is treated separately.
All exams that you pass will end up in the ‘bank.’ (It’s a special bank in Glasgow.)

In the event of a failed exam, it just means that you only need a resit for the particular exam(s) that you fail.

Sorry, but I’ve no idea what you mean by “repay my course.”
Course fees are usually payable in advance, but Peter will be able to give you that kind of detail.

You would only pay to re-sit the exam you failed.

The secret, of course, is not to fail!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Will this ADR course allow you to drive lorries carrying dangerous loads?

Hi. The great authority on this is Diesel Dave; I suggest you drop him a pm.

But, in the meantime, you’ll find this useful. pdpassport.com/mini/30922.html

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

carlston49:

Hi carlston49,

An ADR course is the classroom based tuition that leads to the ADR exams.

If you pass the ADR exams, you will be sent an ADR card, which will entitle you to carry whatever UN Classes of dangerous goods that you choose to study and take exams for. You also have to choose whether you wish to carry said dangerous goods in either packaged form, or in tankers, or both.

The licence to drive the vehicle is separate to the ADR card, so once you have an ADR card, you’re licenced to carry dangerous goods in whichever driving licence categories your driving licence covers you for (B, C1, C, C+E.) If you have an ADR card and you decide to do a driving licence upgrade, you wouldn’t need to take any further action regarding your ADR card because the ADR entitlement covers the driver, not the vehicle.

dieseldave:

carlston49:

Hi carlston49,

An ADR course is the classroom based tuition that leads to the ADR exams.

If you pass the ADR exams, you will be sent an ADR card, which will entitle you to carry whatever UN Classes of dangerous goods that you choose to study and take exams for. You also have to choose whether you wish to carry said dangerous goods in either packaged form, or in tankers, or both.

The licence to drive the vehicle is separate to the ADR card, so once you have an ADR card, you’re licenced to carry dangerous goods in whichever driving licence categories your driving licence covers you for (B, C1, C, C+E.) If you have an ADR card and you decide to do a driving licence upgrade, you wouldn’t need to take any further action regarding your ADR card because the ADR entitlement covers the driver, not the vehicle.

dieseldave - Can you (hopefully) put my mind to rest?! - To drive tankers (fuel) - Do I need ADR & PDP. As ive booked the course in Sept for the ADR to drive fuel tankers… Thank you!

sandybeech:
dieseldave - Can you (hopefully) put my mind to rest?! - To drive tankers (fuel) - Do I need ADR & PDP. As ive booked the course in Sept for the ADR to drive fuel tankers… Thank you!

Hi sandybeech,

You’ll only need PDP if you need to go into a refinery.

TBH, I wouldn’t worry about PDP just yet… ADR first, then see whether you can get a fuel tanker driving job.

:bulb: You might have to start small, such as driving a rigid and delivering home heating oil. If you get that kind of a job, you won’t need PDP if you only ever load from a stock tank in your yard.

I’m looking at doing my ADR possibly soon. Would love more on the practical side as never driven tankers. Would also know what kind of doors this opens up and the likes.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi. I’m not a tanker man. But pm Diesel Dave. There aint much he doesn’t know about ADR.

Thanks for that Peter, might just do that

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk