adr licence

Hi guys, does anyone know where i can get some adr training in order to get the licence, not bothered about tankers! did it in ta about 9yrs ago but ill be paying this time! can i get away with refresher training or will i have to start from scratch :question:

cheers all

Derby area I presume?

Sorry yes derby area but would stretch to a 20mile radius for a better price :exclamation:

quork:
Sorry yes derby area but would stretch to a 20mile radius for a better price :exclamation:

DATA ACADEMY Leicester may have one starting first week of November
0116 - 2877692

cheers, will have a look at that. :wink:

quork:
Hi guys, does anyone know where i can get some adr training in order to get the licence, not bothered about tankers! did it in ta about 9yrs ago but ill be paying this time! can i get away with refresher training or will i have to start from scratch :question:

cheers all

Hi quork,

Yes, you can leave out the optional tanker module if you like.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to do the initial course because a refresher is only an option if you’re within the last year of the 5-year validity of an ADR licence. (Except if you’re within the last 5 weeks.)

If you time it right, you could even get 21 hours towards the next DCPC cycle. :smiley:

Only a bit further than your 20 mile radius
But Transed training in Stoke do it.did mine
there last year.3 days training then exams
On weds afternoon and Thursday morning.
Don’t know bout cost as company paid.

HoodyStoke:
Only a bit further than your 20 mile radius
But Transed training in Stoke do it.did mine
there last year.3 days training then exams
On weds afternoon and Thursday morning.
Don’t know bout cost as company paid.

Sure my boss said it had cost him 7-800 quid. (Packages only) did it about Easter last year I think.

I had Trevor there, confused the bejesus out of me.

NOVE:
I had Trevor there, confused the bejesus out of me.

Many members on here have has this sites very own DieselDave as their ADR instructor and all have praised the way he delivers the course so perhaps it might be an idea to PM him to find out where he is teaching over the next few weeks/months :bulb:

quork:

cheers all

I know it’s a bit too far probably…but we use Doncaster GTA at Armthorpe (Jcn 4 M18). They run an Initial course every month & I can recommend them. The price I think will be reasonable @ £450 all-in (including lunch) with an option of paying an extra £60 for 21 hours DCPC should you require it!!!

www.doncastergta.co.uk (01302) 832831

Daz1970:

quork:

cheers all

I know it’s a bit too far probably…but we use Doncaster GTA at Armthorpe (Jcn 4 M18). They run an Initial course every month & I can recommend them. The price I think will be reasonable @ £450 all-in (including lunch) with an option of paying an extra £60 for 21 hours DCPC should you require it!!!

doncastergta.co.uk (01302) 832831

Hi Daz,

That’s a fair option mate, cos although I’ve had no dealings with them, I’ve only ever heard good things said about them.

I’m doing the packages and tanker course in two weeks time, it’s a four day course with the test on the Friday. Will I find out Friday wether I’ve passed or do you have to wait a week or two. For those that are interested I’m doing it with Wallace in Park Royal London , it’s costing me about £620 with three days cpc included.

Fulham FC:
Will I find out Friday wether I’ve passed or do you have to wait a week or two.

I had to wait 4 weeks to get mine, good luck in getting the results in 2 & good luck with the exams:)

Pimpdaddy:

Fulham FC:

I had to wait 4 weeks to get mine, good luck in getting the results in 2 & good luck with the exams:)

Thanks Pimp Daddy, can’t wait to leave my current job , it’s incredibly easy and the hours are fantastic , I do four and a half most days but get paid for eight, but it’s really boring and the money’s crap.

Pimpdaddy:

Fulham FC:

Did you get your card with the results or did you have to wait longer for that?

Got my results in 2 hours when I did my course at Ritchie’s in Glasgow in Sep 12, it was an online exam though directly connected to the SQA systems.

Slightly more than 20 miles from Derby though.

I did mine at Enterprise in Manchester, Packages and tanks, 4 n half days the lot,
I found out unofficially at the time whether I had passed or not, with officials to follow around 2 weeks later.

Fulham FC:
Thanks Pimp Daddy, can’t wait to leave my current job , it’s incredibly easy and the hours are fantastic , I do four and a half most days but get paid for eight, but it’s really boring and the money’s crap.

I did mine to get into fuel transport & increase earnings but I can’t find a fuel tanker job so…

Fulham FC:
Did you get your card with the results or did you have to wait longer for that?

If I remember right you don’t get the actual results just your card with all the classes etc of exams you sat, if any are missing I assume it’s a fail, I don’t know. That card took 4weeks to receive.