ADR licence

Hi, i’m new here so please be gentle with me :slight_smile:
My ADR licence is about to expire and i don’t really want to re sit it, my company says i have to as we have a customer in my area that requires an ADR driver (i live near heathrow and the customer is in cardiff) My question is, can they make me take the ADR again or is it optional, if its optional and i say no, would there be any comeback on me.
Thanks in advance.
Tyler234

tyler234:
Hi, i’m new here so please be gentle with me :slight_smile:
My ADR licence is about to expire and i don’t really want to re sit it, my company says i have to as we have a customer in my area that requires an ADR driver (i live near heathrow and the customer is in cardiff) My question is, can they make me take the ADR again or is it optional, if its optional and i say no, would there be any comeback on me.
Thanks in advance.
Tyler234

Hi tyler234,

This looks like you and your boss might be heading for a bit of a showdown. :open_mouth:

If your boss tells you to go on a course, then as far as I can see, that’s a valid and reasonable instruction given to you during the course of your employment.

:bulb: Refusing to go on the course might get you the same result as failing to obey any other reasonable instruction.

When all’s said and done, the choice is yours and yours alone because your boss is only your boss for as long as you permit it.

Thanks DD, i thought it was optional but wanted to be sure, i will go and do it but when i leave the company having already stated i didn’t want to do it, they cant ask me for the cost back lol.

tyler234:
Thanks DD, i thought it was optional but wanted to be sure, i will go and do it but when i leave the company having already stated i didn’t want to do it, they cant ask me for the cost back lol.

Hi tyler234,

That’s a great plan mate, and the thing here is that they can’t stop the course cost from your wages unless you agree to it in writing beforehand. Shhh!! :wink:

If you do decide to part company at some future point, you’ll have an ADR licence that you can choose whether to show your next employer (or not.) :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: