ADR licence lost can i still do adr

lost my wallet at work today with bank and credit cards and my ADR licence aswell was wondering am i still able to carry chemical and or adr goods till the dvla send me a new one out.my boss says its ok as another lad has lost his and is waiting for the dvla to send his new one out.does any one know the ruling on this the office has a copy of my licence will that be enough to prove i have one till a new gets sent to me

Some places wont load you till you produce your ticket

You must ALWAYS have your license with you when doing ADR ! Sorry.

thunder367:
lost my wallet at work today with bank and credit cards and my ADR licence aswell was wondering am i still able to carry chemical and or adr goods till the dvla send me a new one out.my boss says its ok as another lad has lost his and is waiting for the dvla to send his new one out.does any one know the ruling on this the office has a copy of my licence will that be enough to prove i have one till a new gets sent to me

Hi thunder367, I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your wallet. :frowning:

I’m afraid that the law is very clear about the subject of ADR licences.

An ADR licence MUST be with you on board your vehicle if you’re carrying a load that’s subject to ADR Regulations.

And by the way, your boss is not only wrong, but he/she is ALSO committing an offence by knowingly sending out a vehicle without the correct documentation on board. :grimacing:

Your company’s DGSA should be able to confirm this, but I can quote chapter and verse for you if needed. :wink:

Until your replacement ADR certificate turns up, you can carry the following:

1.) Dangerous goods packaged in quantities below the relevant ADR Transport Category Kgs/liters limits.
2.) Dangerous goods packaged in Limited Quantities
3.) Dangerous goods packaged in Excepted Quantities

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I still hope it helps. :smiley: