ADR "Gripe"

HI All,

I have recently passed my ADR which the company forced me to take. They did pay for it on the understanding that if I leavr after two years, yadda, yadda, yadda, you know how it goes!

I did’nt want it. I was quite happy hauling cardbord packages and nappies about :slight_smile:

Anyway, since passing i’m now collecting out of the same place everyday :angry: . But what i’m most peed off about is that I get no extra pay for hauling “highly flammables & corrosives” and they guys without ADR earn the same as me.

Is this normal? Am I complaining for nothing? Do I need to find a better job.

Cheers

There’s no law to say you must be paid more, but it’s generally the norm to pay about a quid an hour more.

Arguing the toss with your gaffer about it depends on how much you want to keep your job. Remember in the current climate he’ll have about 100 ready and willing drivers to choose from to fill your place. :bulb:

So what’s in this for you? Your gaffer “made” you take it but wants you to pay the cost back if you leave even though they’re not paying you any more! Grow a set FFS ! If you were against it you should have stuck to your guns.

Would have stuck to my guns if there were plenty of other jobs about.

Trouble is, most employers feel they have their drivers over a barrell cos there’s a lack of jobs about and “plenty waiting to step in your shoes”. They are probably correct in that.

Does’nt make it right though.

We don’t force our drivers to take ADR but it does make life easier for them if they have it as quite alot of the distance runs are Harardous
All of our drivers prefer the distance over the loacl multidrops - so they benefit
As they are salaried we don’t change their pay either -
but then neither do we say they have to pay it back
In fact we are happy to pay as it does get them 3 modules for the driver CPC
regards
Steve

Flippin eck, the ADR Course costs a great deal of money and could have counted towards your DCPC (21hours).
I paid for mine myself and I’ve not used it much but it’s another qualification that could sway a job your way.

How’s it go Steve (gm) “all the gear and no idea” lol.

Lasts for 5years so if you [zb] off in 2years when theres more jobs you’ll still have 3years, free adr, if you know what i mean lol.

mauler45red:
HI All,

I have recently passed my ADR which the company forced me to take. They did pay for it on the understanding that if I leavr after two years, yadda, yadda, yadda, you know how it goes!

I did’nt want it. I was quite happy hauling cardbord packages and nappies about :slight_smile:

Anyway, since passing i’m now collecting out of the same place everyday :angry: . But what i’m most peed off about is that I get no extra pay for hauling “highly flammables & corrosives” and they guys without ADR earn the same as me.

Is this normal? Am I complaining for nothing? Do I need to find a better job.

Cheers

same thing happened to me.and i carry moffet for free

I suppose there are two ways of looking at it, the job goes quiet, the company loses the contract for the cardboard boxes and nappies, but the guy on the chemical job keeps going while his mates are put on short time…