ADR Fire Extinguisher Requirements

Hombre:
Many thanks dieseldave for your as usual concise and informative reply.

Hi Hombre,

Thanks for that. :smiley:

Iā€™m sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

do you not need a 6kg extingusher on the trailer anyway for spain ā€¦2009 when i was on a tour in barcalona someone said we needed them so production team brought one for every truck ā€¦so i dont know

CRAIG-D:
do you not need a 6kg extingusher on the trailer anyway for spain ā€¦2009 when i was on a tour in barcalona someone said we needed them so production team brought one for every truck ā€¦so i dont know

Hi CRAIG-D,

From the info youā€™ve given, Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™ve no idea of the context of what youā€™re asking.

Were you carrying any dangerous goods?

no not carrying adr we some had steel others had light n ound equipment on

CRAIG-D:
no not carrying adr we some had steel others had light n ound equipment on

Hi CRAIG-D,

Thanks for the info, but if there was an actual requirement, then it was nothing to do with ADR.

There might be a Spanish requirement for a fire-extinguisher on board a vehicle, but Iā€™ve never heard of it.

Having just looked through the Health & Safety Executive latest offences, it seems that UK hauliers have a problem understanding the fire extinguisher laws. There are several dozen well known names on the list for various offences, most of the foreigners problems are with paperwork or lack of it.

whatever it is, try to double up,as after a mate of mine put out a tyre fire, vosa parked him up, as he didnā€™t have the required amount of extinguishersā€¦ least they kinda understood, there was no fine or anything, just the delay.