ADR booked

Doing my ADR in couple of weeks.

Just wondering if anybody can give me a heads up on what to expect and any tips?

Cheers
Mark

What company have you booked it with and how much?

Thanks

Dan

Booked with Transchem. Doing it in Wakey.

£460, that includes 7 hour cpc needed to take me upto 35 hours. Think was slightly more if I wanted to claim the full 21 hours for the course.

Is it £460 with tanker or without ?

Thanks

Thats for packages mate. Not sure how much extra for tanks?

No prices on their website. I just contacted them via website after being recommended them.

Is that with any classes?

You will enjoy it, it is easy to pass, multi choice,tick the correct box.Learn the classes of dangerous goods, as that always comes up in the test.Like the acids,flammables and so on.
On mine, there was a mock road accident, and what were the priorities being first on the scene,most of it is common sense,lots of coffee breaks.
Try not to have a large lunch, as that will make you too sleepy in the afternoon, and forget having a pint at lunch, you need your brain to remember what the tutor is telling you.

fordboxer:
Is that with any classes?

Packages and 7 common classes according to my confirmation email I got back

toby1234abc:
You will enjoy it, it is easy to pass, multi choice,tick the correct box.Learn the classes of dangerous goods, as that always comes up in the test.Like the acids,flammables and so on.
On mine, there was a mock road accident, and what were the priorities being first on the scene,most of it is common sense,lots of coffee breaks.
Try not to have a large lunch, as that will make you too sleepy in the afternoon, and forget having a pint at lunch, you need your brain to remember what the tutor is telling you.

Cheers for the reply Toby. Feel bit more at ease now, was just worried as was terrible at chemistry at school!!!

You could have a peep at Friendberry training at Taunton Somerset,you get money off for living out of the arra and hotel arranged or b and b in the villages around Stugumber or Wivelescombe and lovely Exmoor on door step,you stay a week and do the core packs and tankers.

toby1234abc:
You could have a peep at Friendberry training at Taunton Somerset,you get money off for living out of the arra and hotel arranged or b and b in the villages around Stugumber or Wivelescombe and lovely Exmoor on door step,you stay a week and do the core packs and tankers.

I can confirm what Toby says above. I done mine in 2010 with Friendberry and stayed in a local B&B while on the course. It was enjoyable and very easy to pass, as a lot of it is common sense anyway. I believe Friendberry are the cheapest you will find in the UK, but of course you then have to factor in the B&B if you don’t live near them.

Anyway, just pay attention to the tutor and you won’t have any probs. It’s all multiple choice, so all the correct answers are there in front of you!

Good Luck mate.

Toby & LJA,

Thanks for the suggestion, however all booked on to do it in Wakefield… a steady 15 min drive from home!