ADR at the weekend?

Does anyone know where i could do my ADR over 2-3 weekends?? around the stoke on trent ish area?,
i put a pm out to dieseldave,but nowt back as yet, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What about Transed in Leekbrook?

Phone Stan Robinson at Stafford he runs courses for his own staff but takes outsiders it is a weekend course.

saucyboar5:
Does anyone know where i could do my ADR over 2-3 weekends?? around the stoke on trent ish area?,

Hi saucyboar5,
Here are some contacts for you to try (in no particular order,) but I’ve no idea whether the first three offer ADR at weekends:

Transed Training Ltd
Grays House
Whieldon Road
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 4HQ
Phone: 01782 749831
Email: admin@transedtraining.co.uk

PHW Services Ltd
Unit 17 Bramshall Industrial Estate
Stone Road
Bramshall
Uttoxeter
ST14 8TD
Phone: 01889 564973

Basis (Registration) LTD
34 John Street
Ashbourne
DE6 1GH
01335 343945
steph@basis-reg.co.uk
Mrs Stephanie Berry

The next contact defo does ADR at weekends, but you’ll have to ask John Riley when the next weekend one is, cos you’ve just missed the course that I finished teaching there last weekend.
Mantra Learning (Was North Cheshire Training)
11/4 Palatine Industrial Estate
Causeway Avenue
Warrington
WA4 6QQ
Phone: 01925 658342

saucyboar5:
i put a pm out to dieseldave,but nowt back as yet, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I could write something really sarcastic here, but let’s just say that I was busy with a paying customer at the time. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:
I could write something really sarcastic here, but let’s just say that I was busy with a paying customer at the time. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

not you Dave your to much the gentlemen for things like that :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

delboytwo:

dieseldave:

not you Dave your to much the gentlemen for things like that :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

cheers dave,but thats not somthing i would admit too on here, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink:

saucyboar5:

delboytwo:

dieseldave:

cheers dave,but thats not somthing i would admit too on here, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I hope the info was of some use to you, but it’s a shame you didn’t ask 2-3 weeks ago, cos I could have got you on the course at Warrington.

Let me know if you get sorted?? :smiley:

Dave could you possibly post some prices for core module, packages & tanks or possibly a link please?

paulfromwire:
Dave could you possibly post some prices for core module, packages & tanks or possibly a link please?

Hi Paul,
Sorry mate, I’m not involved with any providers’ pricing, so I’ve no idea.
I’m afraid that you’d have to contact the providers directly and ask them for the prices of the modules you’d like to do.

Does doing training at the weekend effect your drivers hours for the rest of the week?

burnie1:
Does doing training at the weekend effect your drivers hours for the rest of the week?

i would say if you are paying then no, but if you firm are paying then yes

dieseldave:

saucyboar5:

delboytwo:

dieseldave:

I hope the info was of some use to you, but it’s a shame you didn’t ask 2-3 weeks ago, cos I could have got you on the course at Warrington.

Let me know if you get sorted?? :smiley:

yes mate,i rang john in warrington, and the next one starts on the 10th of oct mate,cheers for ya help :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

delboytwo:

burnie1:

i would say if you are paying then no, but if you firm are paying then yes

Does it really matter who is paying. Does work related training count as a rest period :question:

burnie1:
Does it really matter who is paying. Does work related training count as a rest period :question:

It does matter because it is ‘other work’ if being paid to do it or the course is being paid by the employer.

Being ‘work related’ has nothing to do with it - if it was then a driver who did advanced driver training in their own time could be considered as being work related :exclamation:

If doing anything where you are not being paid to do it and are paying for it yourself is considered as your choice or ‘free to dispose of your time as you wish’ - which is ‘rest’ for tacho and RTD(WTD) purposes.

THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC ‘training’ which is work related is likely to bring this question up again and again me thinks…

As regards the CPC our lot have told us that we will be having a one day a week none delivery day in january again, with the hours from these going through our usual banked hours system to be paid back later in the year when it’s busy. But they are also going to use them for training days, as we will all owe them four days thats four days they can get us in for training without extra cost to them. CPC is going to be done on these days. I’m trying to look on the bright side that I’m getting some potentially expensive CPC training for nothing.

A rest is an uninterrupted period where a driver may freely dispose of his time. Time spent working in
other employment or under obligation or instruction, regardless of the occupation type, cannot be
counted as rest, including work where you are self-employed.

Found the above in the tacho regs.

As most regs you can take them to mean different things

I would be interested to hear from the instructors who teach these courses their views on this

burnie1:
I would be interested to hear from the instructors who teach these courses their views on this

you would be better to ask a site regs GURU such as coffeeholic, tachograph or geebee45 :bulb: :slight_smile:

burnie1:

Hi burnie1, I never thought I’d say this but, … :open_mouth: :laughing: ROG has got one right:

ROG:
It does matter because it is ‘other work’ if being paid to do it or the course is being paid by the employer.

I teach ADR, so I can tell you that the Manual of Practice ( = SQA Bible) for training providers requires ADR instructors to point out to their class that attendance on the ADR course may count towards drivers’ hours (as ‘other work.’)

My own take on this is from employment law, rather than drivers’ hours law.
IMHO, if a boss tells a driver to attend any course, then that counts as a reasonable instruction under the driver’s contract of employment. That being the case, the boss should then pay the driver’s wages for the hours of attendance on a course, since the driver has complied with a reasonable instruction. If that’s true, then we might consider what drivers’ hours law has to say, which has been covered by ROG. To my way of thinking, if the driver were to refuse the reasonable request, he/she might leave themselves open to disciplinary action.

IMHO, if a driver chooses to attend a course by their own decision and in their own free time, then under employment law, they can’t be said to be following a contractual obligation.

I’d consider that the question of who pays the course fee is a separate matter, because many firms have a perfectly reasonable claw-back clause for the course fee if a driver leaves the employment within a set period after the course. As long as the firm brings this to the driver’s attention IN ADVANCE and the driver agrees to it by signing a document to that effect, then any later stoppage from pay is lawful. I’d say that the drivers’ hours question first depends on whether the driver is following an instruction from the employer.

I’d guess that a union rep might give some good input to this question, so perhaps NEJ would step forward please? :smiley:

dieseldave:

burnie1:

Hi burnie1, I never thought I’d say this but, … :open_mouth: :laughing: ROG has got one right:

ROG:

I teach ADR, so I can tell you that the Manual of Practice ( = SQA Bible) for training providers requires ADR instructors to point out to their class that attendance on the ADR course may count towards drivers’ hours (as ‘other work.’)

My own take on this is from employment law, rather than drivers’ hours law.
IMHO, if a boss tells a driver to attend any course, then that counts as a reasonable instruction under the driver’s contract of employment. That being the case, the boss should then pay the driver’s wages for the hours of attendance on a course, since the driver has complied with a reasonable instruction. If that’s true, then we might consider what drivers’ hours law has to say, which has been covered by ROG. To my way of thinking, if the driver were to refuse the reasonable request, he/she might leave themselves open to disciplinary action.

IMHO, if a driver chooses to attend a course by their own decision and in their own free time, then under employment law, they can’t be said to be following a contractual obligation.

I’d consider that the question of who pays the course fee is a separate matter, because many firms have a perfectly reasonable claw-back clause for the course fee if a driver leaves the employment within a set period after the course. As long as the firm brings this to the driver’s attention IN ADVANCE and the driver agrees to it by signing a document to that effect, then any later stoppage from pay is lawful. I’d say that the drivers’ hours question first depends on whether the driver is following an instruction from the employer.

I’d guess that a union rep might give some good input to this question, so perhaps NEJ would step forward please? :smiley:

being self employed and paying for it myself,how do i stand,as i am instructing myself to do the course… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Do self employed drivers come under RTD(WTD) rules :question: :question:

A rest is an uninterrupted period where a driver may freely dispose of his time. Time spent working in
other employment or under obligation or instruction, regardless of the occupation type, cannot be
counted as rest, including work where you are self-employed

That should answer that question?

It looks to me as another one that has not been tested in a court of law