ADR advice

OK truckers, this may sound daft, but living Austria now and quite a few of the firms want ADR certs, but me never done one so had a looksy on internet besides the expense there is so many types, ok don’t wanna go nuclear! or flippin things that go bang (loudly) so what type do I need? and can I do it by post or on the internet or do I have to go to a classroom and watch one of them “dangerous jim” bloody videos? answer questions I mean it’s not rocket science and I know there are some thick people about but I do know not to stick my finger in acid or search for petrol with a match! and the stickers on the vehicles are quite self explanitory like flash points, corrosives. I know of a ship that was held up by explosives onboard customs officer stopped it from disembarking it’s cargo, the geniuses it was new cars on board with you guessed it AIRBAGS that was the explosives, so any advice on ADR would be greatly appreciated just basically to expand my job search or is it worth it, I have carried marrine pollutants without a cert and got away with it all marked up proper, regards Kev

YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Or you can click the picture of the ADR Truck to send him a PM (Private Message) :bulb:

Basic info on the ADR - scroll about half way down the page.

PS - whether he can help you as you are living in Austria I do not know…

sankev13:
OK truckers, this may sound daft, but living Austria now and quite a few of the firms want ADR certs, but me never done one so had a looksy on internet besides the expense there is so many types, ok don’t wanna go nuclear! or flippin things that go bang (loudly) so what type do I need? and can I do it by post or on the internet or do I have to go to a classroom and watch one of them “dangerous jim” bloody videos? answer questions I mean it’s not rocket science and I know there are some thick people about but I do know not to stick my finger in acid or search for petrol with a match! and the stickers on the vehicles are quite self explanitory like flash points, corrosives. I know of a ship that was held up by explosives onboard customs officer stopped it from disembarking it’s cargo, the geniuses it was new cars on board with you guessed it AIRBAGS that was the explosives, so any advice on ADR would be greatly appreciated just basically to expand my job search or is it worth it, I have carried marrine pollutants without a cert and got away with it all marked up proper, regards Kev

Hi sankev13, The answer to your first question is that you’ll need ADR Basiskurs Erstschulung.
BTW, that would be called Core, Packages and seven UN Classes over here.

If you wish to do the course, you have two options:
Option #1 Do the course in Austria
Option #2 Do the course back here in the UK (If you have an Austrian driving licence, it wouldn’t be a problem.)
Sorry to be so blunt mate, but I can’t see any other options.
BTW, flash-points aren’t put on vehicles.

Ships have no connection with ADR, because they use a different set of dangerous goods Regs called IMDG.
ADR is only valid by road, NOT sea. :wink:
The marine pollutant mark (as it was back then) only related to IMDG, so the goods you had on board probably weren’t regarded as dangerous by road.

If you decide to take an ADR course in the UK, please let me know whereabouts you’d like to take the course, then I can tell you what ADR providers are in that area.
:bulb: You also might like to consider taking the drivers’ CPC that can be attached to an ADR course. :smiley:
There are many posts on the forums on that subject, here is one as an example

I hope that helps. :smiley:

dieseldave:
You also might like to consider taking the drivers’ CPC that can be attached to an ADR course.

NOTE: - all 35 hours of the Dcpc must be taken in one EU Country - a driver cannot do 21 hours in the UK and 14 hours in France for example as each EU country has it’s own Dcpc system

I cannot remember if the Dcpc has to be done in the EU country where the driver resides or in the EU country where the licence has been issued :blush: :blush: :blush: