Adelaide Insurance. (again)

Just a quick heads-up for any new members who don’t know about Adelaide Insurance and the favourable deals they do for HGV drivers on car insurance, mine is due, the cheapest quote on confused.com was £245 and Adelaide are charging me £167. :smiley:

My insurance with them was £195 last year, renewal this year £265. Checked on Internet and found Hastings insurance for £190. Same car and all the same details as last year?

Harry , ive been with them for 4 years bouncing and nobody can compare …

Web foot:
My insurance with them was £195 last year, renewal this year £265. Checked on Internet and found Hastings insurance for £190. Same car and all the same details as last year?

phone them up and they’ll beat Hastings quote

Web foot:

Check internet for feedback, check how much admin charge they’ll fleece you for should you dare to change cars or move house.

Juddian:

Web foot:

Check internet for feedback, check how much admin charge they’ll fleece you for should you dare to change cars or move house.

Hastings or Adelaide??

I’ve changed addresses and changed cars in mid policy and Adelaide have been decent and waived any charges I might have had, can’t knock them over the 3 years I’ve been with them

jamiep1988:

Web foot:

You shouldn’t have to phone companies back to match a price. They should give you a decent price in the first place!

Seany:

jamiep1988:

Web foot:

You shouldn’t have to phone companies back to match a price. They should give you a decent price in the first place!

I agree mate, but that’s business I suppose, they rely on people being too lazy to shop about.

Good result for spurs today COYS :grimacing:

selby newcomer:
I’ve changed addresses and changed cars in mid policy and Adelaide have been decent and waived any charges I might have had, can’t knock them over the 3 years I’ve been with them

I changed mid-term last year from a P-reg Rover 825 worth £300 to an 05-reg Rover 75 worth £2,800 and Adelaide sent me a cheque for £17. :stuck_out_tongue:

Second year with Adelaide, no complaints yet, renewal was better than any comparison website could do. and they didn’t charge any extra because I’d got points on my license.

I’m sure other people can get better deals from other insurance companies, some insurance companies really load up premiums for big engined cars, some like you to be married with children, or even for you to own your own home. It’s why you need to shop around.

selby newcomer:

Juddian:

Web foot:

Hastings or Adelaide??

Hastings, sorry didn’t realise it could be read as either.

Seany:

jamiep1988:

Web foot:

true but most of the time you have to phone to say you don’t want to renew so more than likely they’ll ask you what prices you’ve had anyway.

I went with Adelaide for the first time this year, my renewal came through at £600 cheapest quote I got on confused was £400 adelaide did it for £316

Just renewed last week and they were 40 quid cheaper than last year’s price. Down to 190 now. There were cheaper quotes on the meerkat, but not by much and none had the benefits that Adelaide give me.

Can’t fault them really.

But when you come to cancel, because you can’t take out their discounted offer for not being a HGV driver (which I’m not now…)

They pi$$ you around…

‘Why do you want to cancel?’ 1, I don’t have that car…

‘So why do you want to cancel?’ 2, I’m no longer a HGV driver so I won’t get your discount!

‘We need that in writing’ 3, Already sent, via post and email!

Goldfinger:
But when you come to cancel, because you can’t take out their discounted offer for not being a HGV driver (which I’m not now…)

They pi$$ you around…

‘So why do you want to cancel?’ 2, I’m no longer a HGV driver so I won’t get your discount!

you lost your license then ?

But they only insure “normal” cars.

I drive a Toyota Granvia. It’s a Japanese import similar to a Hiace and was originally a people carrier but as it’s been converted to a campervan, Adelaide don 't want to know…

I just got my renewal through off them, and it’s the same as last year.

Went on 2 comparison sites and both have beat the Adelaide quote by over 150 quid.

Going to call them as I know they’ll beat it, but it’s bloody annoying

jamiep1988:

Goldfinger:

They pi$$ you around…

Nope. :slight_smile:

Company became a bunch of £$%^&*

So I moved on to work with a mate I’ve known for years.

Stress free now. :grimacing:

Goldfinger:

jamiep1988:

Goldfinger:

They pi$$ you around…

Nope. :slight_smile:

Company became a bunch of £$%^&*

So I moved on to work with a mate I’ve known for years.

Stress free now. :grimacing:

I thought they gave you the discount on just having the catergories on your license. It’s a bit unfair if they don’t because they give discounts to people who are IAM but obviously they don’t do that for a job

I think they ask you who you’re working for too just to make sure, don’t they?

Can’t remember now… :confused: