adding downloaded POI to 5150

I tried to post this into the tech department but it seems drivers don’t tend to frequent in that domain, hence the repost here.

Has anyone tried adding downloaded POIs to their tomtom 5150? If so how do you do it?
Cheers

Click on to community content on the my connect notification on on your task bar on the pc when your tt is connected then a browser window will open allowing you to download the poi to the device, I think it will only allow 20 pop’s at a time so you may need to split them up if there is a lot.

nice one taa

Drift:
Click on to community content on the my connect notification on on your task bar on the pc when your tt is connected then a browser window will open allowing you to download the poi to the device, I think it will only allow 20 pop’s at a time so you may need to split them up if there is a lot.

The 20 limit is on “Favourites”, not POIs. You can have pretty much as many POIs and POI Categories as you like, with the only significant limit being on file size (which I think is still 2MBytes, as it was on earlier units). I have the BP Bunker sites on mine, which is over 500 POIs in one file - and even that’s only a 600-odd kByte file).

i have downloaded transport cafe and truck stop poi.

I am looking for an industrial estate poi download

ind est.zip (134 KB)
this what your looking for.
unzip and copy into map folder

Roymondo:

Drift:

The 20 limit is on “Favourites”, not POIs. You can have pretty much as many POIs and POI Categories as you like, with the only significant limit being on file size (which I think is still 2MBytes, as it was on earlier units). I have the BP Bunker sites on mine, which is over 500 POIs in one file - and even that’s only a 600-odd kByte file).

I downloaded some pois from the pocket gps site and the tt would only allow 20 files a time to be installed, yer I think it could do with more options on the number of favourites though.

gezt:

Copy into map folder only applicable on earlier TomToms (the ones which use TomTom Home for updates and which appear as a USB disk drive in Your Computer/Windows Explorer. More recent devices (such as the OP’s 5150) don’t allow direct access to the file system on the TomTom so you have to go through the “Community Content” facility as outlined in post #2 above.

gezt:

Great :slight_smile: what areas, all over the place?

Laup:

gezt:

yes, wont have them all on but you can add to them when you get there.

gezt:

Laup:

gezt:

yes, wont have them all on but you can add to them when you get there.

superb bud. nice one!

Even though the nav routes you around the low Bridges I downloaded the bridge heights as poi so they show up on the screen, it all helps :laughing:

Drift:
Even though the nav routes you around the low Bridges I downloaded the bridge heights as poi so they show up on the screen, it all helps :laughing:

you wouldn’t happen to have a link to the download?

Pm me your email I will see if I can send them :wink: