AdBlue

Hallo from Auckland : ) or Good Day Guy’s,

Just a itchy question, has any body come across a skin itchy-ness from being around a 2011 Scania V8 R580, using AdBlue being filled from out in the open storage container. Th e data sheet does not fully state any similar effects from using AdBlue just as long as its well ventilated, which it is, gloves used, jeans on normal gear.

Changed diet and eating habits, visited the Dr, etc etc, and on the weekends the itchy-ness around leg area goes away. Eye twitch over the same period also, Back in the truck itch starts again started as soon started driving the Scania about 8 mths…Um :exclamation: Any and All appreciated.

Bump

silly question, but, how many different drivers use the vehicle?

from what you’ve said. i think you have a bit of stress.
but i always wash my hands after filling with adblue.
however, like it’s been said. how many others use the truck.
we had a real dirty git that would cover holidays, and two drivers got a rash on the arms after he’d used there trucks.
but no twitchy eye. that’s why i mentioned stress.

This could be a case of skin eczema. I doubt it has anything to do with adblue unless you’re bathing yourself in it.

Do you use a night heater on the Scania? Or for that matter air-conditioning? It may simply be that the heated/chilled air (which has the moisture removed) is actually drying your skin out and making it itch when using the truck, and when you’re away from it your skin’s natural moisture is getting back in balance.

I drive Scania’s and that has happened to me, (and it’s [zb] itchy too) but it has been worse in our MB Axors where the heater output is directly below the driver’s seat!

It all clears up in summer, which of course is when we don’t use the night heater! And generally it’s not hot enough to use the aircon!

I have suffered from itching when I have got AdBlue on my hands but it stopped after washing it off.