Adblue shortage?

Shandy123:
Sounds like someone’s taking the ■■■■, mate.

I see what you did there …

RLP15:
Hi Folks, first post - though I have to admit to some previous lurking! :blush:

This really is a fantastic forum and it’s helped me out on more than one occasion over the years so thanks to everyone who posts.

One of my guys came back to the yard yesterday and said he’d been told by the lady in the fuel station that there is an impending shortage of Adblue nationwide as a large manufacturer has gone bust. I’ve had a little nosy online and cant seem to find anything so I thought I’d ask you fine fellas if you’ve heard anything akin to this? ( I know it’s all rather he said she said, hope I’m not breaking any rules)

So, do I need to start bulk buying Adblue before the supplies dramatically dry up causing a nationwide state of emergency and people take to fighting in the streets over the last few measly tumblers of the stuff? :laughing:

Thanks all!

No.

If you are based in the North West, East Midlands Gloucester, Telford area i can supply you all year round with ad-blue in 10lt 20lt or 205lt barrels with free delivery Mon to Saturday.
I am employed by a commercial vehicle parts business with depots in the areas mentioned above.
p.m me for details.

Wheel Nut 3:
I was offered about 30 plastic cans of the stuff in a pub, not sure what it was worth and they didn’t seem to have any ideas either, how much is a five litre can worth?

I’d be careful there, could well be just ‘recycled’ lager…

RLP15:

Wheel Nut 3:
I was offered about 30 plastic cans of the stuff in a pub, not sure what it was worth and they didn’t seem to have any ideas either, how much is a five litre can worth?

I paid £13.99 for 10l yesterday.

Lymm are charging £19.99 for a 10 litre can, robbing gits.

peirre:
It surprises me is that it appears that the OP or the company haven’t previously sought out the best price deal for Adblu, it may not be high on the list of consumables but it’s still a cost that should’ve been monitored and the lowest price paid for

It’s an unusual operation here really, but I think the main reason it was never considered is because our guys spend so much time away from site they would have needed to buy it on the road regardless. There’s been all sorts of plans to put adblue pumps in, fuel pumps, etc etc etc but only when we moved onto our first purchased site, which we will be doing in the spring.

use a name:

RLP15:
Hi Folks, first post - though I have to admit to some previous lurking! :blush:

This really is a fantastic forum and it’s helped me out on more than one occasion over the years so thanks to everyone who posts.

One of my guys came back to the yard yesterday and said he’d been told by the lady in the fuel station that there is an impending shortage of Adblue nationwide as a large manufacturer has gone bust. I’ve had a little nosy online and cant seem to find anything so I thought I’d ask you fine fellas if you’ve heard anything akin to this? ( I know it’s all rather he said she said, hope I’m not breaking any rules)

So, do I need to start bulk buying Adblue before the supplies dramatically dry up causing a nationwide state of emergency and people take to fighting in the streets over the last few measly tumblers of the stuff? :laughing:

Thanks all!

No.

If you are based in the North West, East Midlands Gloucester, Telford area i can supply you all year round with ad-blue in 10lt 20lt or 205lt barrels with free delivery Mon to Saturday.
I am employed by a commercial vehicle parts business with depots in the areas mentioned above.
p.m me for details.

Thanks, I’m in West Yorkshire though!

£2 a litre or 26p a litre, i know what id rather pay.

Especially as half the new trucks drink the stuff for fun.

I went into nescliffe services on the A5 this afternoon to fill the wagon up for the guy I share it with tomorrow.
asked for adblue as well as fuel “we don’t know how to activate the pump” I thought he was joking.
so said give me two tubs, 15 minutes later he got it in the fuel card, £17 a tub, I said that’s gone up it was about £13/£14 last week.
he just shrugged and looked at me wanting me to go away. I think that had something to do with the 5 other wagons behind mine, I wished them good luck :laughing:
oh I never had it on break, I’ll know next time though :wink:

Concretejim:
£2 a litre or 26p a litre, i know what id rather pay.

Especially as half the new trucks drink the stuff for fun.

Not wrong there. 110 litre tank and im forever filling the klunt up…