Adblue removal

Anyone removed adblue system from a truck?
I know you can get the adblue system disabled with either programming or an ad on module, if using one of these can you remove the cat and fit an ordinary exhaust?
I see some dealers on truck trader advertising euro 5 trucks converted back to euro 3, ie all the adblue equipment removed. I have a Renault premium, adblue system disabled, I now want to fit a standard exhaust, I’m thinking of fitting an exhaust from a Volvo fm12, should be an easy swap, but what about the temperature sensors on the Renault cat?

I wouldn’t want to do that with adblue available from about 29ppl and mine use it at about 100klm per litre? What happens to those with it disabled at MOT?

BB

Basilbrush:
I wouldn’t want to do that with adblue available from about 29ppl and mine use it at about 100klm per litre? What happens to those with it disabled at MOT?

BB

reverts the truck back too euro 3 i believe

Surely you would lose the Reduced Pollution Certificate and the £700 a year road tax?

Euro 3 not a problem for me, reduced pollution cert. or cheap road tax not relevant here in Eire. On local work all the time so no need for lez . :open_mouth:

offalyrover:
Euro 3 not a problem for me, reduced pollution cert. or cheap road tax not relevant here in Eire. On local work all the time so no need for lez . :open_mouth:

Ah, ok, that does totally change the situation.

I do know someone whose AdBlue system stopped working and it didn’t affect the truck in any way, I think the AdBlue crystallised in the tank but I’ll ask him when I talk to him again, this was in a Daf 105.

There are a number of companies that offer an ad blue removal option.

Truck never needs ad blue again and does not loose power.

This is not a legal option but it is not detectable unless you
get a emissions check, then it still may not detect it, and
all you have to do is put fuse back in to ad blue pump to
revert back to using ad blue.

Cost around £650, cant give to many details on here but
I know three trucks that have had it done with no effects
to truck what so ever, one truck been running 2 years with
this gismo on it.

The dealers in Truck Trader offering it will have export markets in mind who will not want a truck they’ve got to put adblue in.

Howd you turn the adblue off k.

alanjblack:
There are a number of companies that offer an ad blue removal option.

Truck never needs ad blue again and does not loose power.

This is not a legal option but it is not detectable unless you
get a emissions check, then it still may not detect it, and
all you have to do is put fuse back in to ad blue pump to
revert back to using ad blue.

Cost around £650, cant give to many details on here but
I know three trucks that have had it done with no effects
to truck what so ever, one truck been running 2 years with
this gismo on it.

I contacted one of these “companies” , and he fitted one of these magic boxes, it mirrors what’s happening when the adblue system is working, then as Alan said you pull the fuse and the engine management system thinks the all is ok with the adblue and doesn’t go into limp mode.
The reason I posted about this was I’m using this the last two years, and there’s no adblue being injected into the exhaust, I’m presuming it could eventually clog the honeycomb section of the cat. Maybe not, but can’t be sure. So today we removed the exhaust box, fitted a box from a version 1 fh12, albeit modified slightly to take the two temperature sensors , runs ok, drives ok,no faults on dash, I’ll know tomorrow how it pulls, fingers crossed. Hoping it may improve economy and power, worth a try anyway.
elliesdad, met the gent who fitted the gadget in toughers car park of all places. :sunglasses:

Just put a stack or sidpipe on via a butterfly valve, you’ll have a switch in the cab to flick it back to normal at a checkpoint, peage, or mot station.
They still use a bit of adblue, but not much.