Adblue fault

I’ve got a volvo fm tipper and been having a few issues with the Adblue over this cold snap,just wandered if any of you guys have been having the same… Comes up with Adblue hose heater 2 electrical fault… Been speaking to a mate and he said he has the same problem :frowning:

im not a volvo person .but like DAF it sounds like the ad blue tank on tippers is away from the exhaust ,so 2 coolant pipes go in to the adblue tank to keep it warm,generally manufacturers put the ad blue tank beside the exhaust…it sounds like when the temp is low and the valve is meant to open to let hot coolant through it isn’t happening due to a electrical issue …

Yep, get the same thing all the time. Had volvo FM 480 8 wheeler from new (07) Went in regular when under warranty for this but keeps coming back with same fault. Given up on this one now as on mine it doesn’t effect engine power and passes mot so just ignore it. Not sure about newer motors though, do they knock out the engine??

early motor, DAF anyway ,never had NOX sensors,as not required at the time so early motors wouldn’t derate with a fault…may have been the same with VOLVO ,but if the ops is a new one it will have NOX sensors and will derate

60 plate 440 8 wheeler tipper. Same problem froze one day and ever since it threatens to derate trip number 2 to volvo coming up.

A vehicle won’t actually derate whilst it is moving ,as some people think ,as to cut 60% of power (i can never remember if it’s 40 % or 60% ) but it wont derate whilst moving as that would be dangerous…it won’t actually happen until you come to a complete halt for a couple of seconds,then as you pull away you will have the derate…it’s the same with EGR it won’t derate until it comes to a complete halt…

My FH comes up on the display (adblue shutdown due to low temp)this happens at -10 on mine.■■?
Klunk

Had had a chat with a few hauliers about this and it sounds quite a common one… Went to volvo dealers with the fault today and they said it was the spider harness ■■ £600…think I’ll leave it for now :frowning: