Ad-Blue tubs

Just thinking how many of these get binned everyday,must be thousands,when the green brigade cotton on I think they will go mental,just a thought!

bobbya:
Just thinking how many of these get binned everyday,must be thousands,when the green brigade cotton on I think they will go mental,just a thought!

And just think of the poor (Class 2) van driving lesser mortals who would have to deliver more IBC’s to make up the shortfall if they stopped doing them? :open_mouth:

But yes I agree, it seems a terrible waste, both in resources and money…
However saying that, I’m not sure how the tub/container price compares to the pump…

Quite a few plant and quarry companies are moving away from adblue tubs and getting those Adblue 4u pumps, especially as plant now has adblue.
They’re great if you have a smouldering bonfire in the yard. They melt and take a while to ignite but once they do they create a hell of a lot of heat and quickly dry any damp rubbish.
Not as much fun as hanging a tyre around a ■■■■ off great tree root though.

Varies from place to place, but the containers can be almost twice the pump price.

Not knocking them,but what a waste, how many thousands are out there,someone must have a clue,come on you clever blokes.

if they get recycled probably not a problem. saw a program the other week showing what recycled plastic gets turned into. pretty amazing stuff, including clothes.

Last place I worked used to have an IBC, but TM had this massive phobia of it freezing up, so he kept it in the warehouse. We had to pump it (by hand) into very very used plastic containers. Nozzles were all wrecked, and often not even the same thread.

But he just looked at the price per litre. Never entered into his head that probably a good 25% of what he bought went either across the warehouse floor, or the yard.

PaulNowak:
Last place I worked used to have an IBC, but TM had this massive phobia of it freezing up, so he kept it in the warehouse. We had to pump it (by hand) into very very used plastic containers. Nozzles were all wrecked, and often not even the same thread.

But he just looked at the price per litre. Never entered into his head that probably a good 25% of what he bought went either across the warehouse floor, or the yard.

So after you have put it in the truck, did he ask you to put a blanket and hot water bottle around the tank? :open_mouth:

I said exactly the same to him many times over, never had it freeze in a truck on the yard, so why would it freeze in an IBC?

The man was a tool, my mate left a couple of months back, and he keeps ringing him up to see if he wants to come back. He’s only put about 10k on his take home pay, so he must think about it every day.

My phone has never rung, think he knows all he’d hear would be me laughing myself stupid.

One of these days I will name and shame that excuse for a business.

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

So after you have put it in the truck, did he ask you to put a blanket and hot water bottle around the tank? :open_mouth:

To be honest, I used to sneak it in at the pump most of the time. Told him I’d left early, and the warehouse was locked up, so I could hardly have let it run dry…

Leigh Delamere have got the bottles for a shade over 15 notes!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

PaulNowak:

I’m sure they will be just as embarrassed that you used to work for them! :grimacing:

I’ve always thought that the set up , and distribution of all the adblue pumps, bulk tanks, 10 litre drums, IBC’s etc etc,
must be more damaging to the environment than the experts realize… far outweighing the benefits, ( if there are any )

I keep a blue screw on top in my pocket. It is the right size for the fuel guns that have the clip removed.

Anyone know the price of an Ad-Blue IBC? Along with the deposit?

Just nosey, as I deliver these, just hate it when there isn’t a forklift! :imp:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

I’m sure they will be just as embarrassed that you used to work for them! :grimacing:

Ouch! :open_mouth:

I go into land rover there is a urea tank in there which holds 93,000ltrs.And they are putting ad-blue tanks on cars.It will soon be a common thing im guessing.

ipswich123:
I go into land rover there is a urea tank in there which holds 93,000ltrs.And they are putting ad-blue tanks on cars.It will soon be a common thing im guessing.

Range Rovers already use/need it…
Or I’ve made a wrong delivery! :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

I left of my own accord, not because I needed to.

And another thing, adblue seriously knackers up work boots.

trucken:
Varies from place to place, but the containers can be almost twice the pump price.

More than twice as much, I pay 59.9p per litre pump price.