Ad Blue into the derv tank?

SS plastic cans DON’T have a magnetic neck seems that is how AB ended up in derv tank but I have just inspected an identical vehicle and it can be
easily done if your not used to using ad blue.N/S of unit a large diesel tank…O/S an equally large exhaust box at the rear end of which is a small
derv tank about the size of an ad blue tank,obviously both derv tanks have black filler caps.But standing on the O/S,drivers side, you can’t actually
see the ad blue tank it is almost ‘hidden’ behind a steel plate and fitted to the back of the cab with a blue filler cap almost hidden behind a hand
hold to climb onto cat walk.A truly ■■■■ poor set up which has had expensive consquences.As I explained to my buddy,since I have never had
anything to do with ad blue it does seem a very simple mistake to make so if he chooses to employ casuals without explaining his rigs fully, on his
head be it.

The place I drive for has just had some new FHs delivered and these ones have a large fuel tank on the n/s accompanied by a comparatively tiny extra fuel tank on the o/s. The adblue tank is half way up the back of the cab on the o/s.

It’s only a matter time until it happens…!

Harry Monk:
Well, AdBlue is heavier than water, whereas diesel is lighter than water, therefore AdBlue will always settle at the bottom of the tank and can be syphoned off, or drained off using the drain plug if the truck has one until clean diesel appears.

It’s to partially avoid this problem that AdBlue tank collars have ring magnets fitted, a service station pump should constantly “click off” if it doesn’t detect a magnet. The [zb] things seem to love constantly clicking off even when you are trying to fill the AdBlue tank. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuel is picked up from the bottom of the fuel tank via the stack pipe aint it?
Or do you run out of fuel after half a tanks gone?

Harry Monk:

Armagedon:
Scary,go ahead given to repair vehicle…estimated cost…£12,000 that must hurt.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What needs replacing?

Lines,injectors,pump or pumps depending on the vehicle and last but not least a nice shiney fuel tank.

Oh and probably a dead scr cat

Armagedon,does your buddy drive Mercedes,and said truck is currently residing in mercs at Stoke on Trent■■?

Where’s Wally …you got it…seems rig is ready today but did advise buddy he shifts it ASP did offer a straight swap for my Magnum seemed
a fair deal, 10 year old Magnum for a 10 month old Merc,hell I’m probably getting the worst of it so Maggie n’ me will just keep rolling.

I was going on holiday. So being a thoughtful driver i would leave the wagon clean and tidy, full tanks of diesel and ad blue. When i returned drivers couldn’t wait to tell of what some knob had done. he’d had my truck a few days and it developed the slightest of water leaks but enough to set the warning off on the dash. You guessed it, he topped it up from the ad blue ■■■■ that was behind the cab. I told him i couldn’t understand as was in a sealed ■■■■, but he said there was no label on it, thought it was water, more reason to stick your nose in it you thick c*"'t. Had nothing but trouble with it, whole engine strip down, done all the sensors in costing some 9 grand and still have problems with it 4 years later.
:confused: