Ad blue consumption 17/67 Scania

Anyone indicate what their experience of Adblue consumption out of a newer gen Scania 450 tractor?

Ad blue consumption an interesting one. I drove some Mercs for Hovis Glasgow to Bradfordstan and back and used about 6-7 litres. MAN Glasgow to Carrington and back for Bibby about 1/3 of a tank !!!

Haven’t really driven the Scanies on long runs so would appreciate some griff on your experiences.

Regards

Why care unless your a owner driver mate. :arrow_right:

Just drive her until she needs filling

Are you going by actual usage on the pump meter or by how much it’s showing on the truck’s adblue gauge? There’s a huge difference in the size of the Adblue tanks across the different marques. DAFs have massive tanks and I can get about 6 days distance driving from a single tank on lightweight work, but then it takes about 10 minutes to refill as all Adblue pumps are slow as [zb]. Stralis has a tiny tank and needs refilling every day. Haven’t driven a new gen Scania for a long time so can’t comment on them.

TruckDriverBen:
Why care unless your a owner driver mate. :arrow_right:

Just drive her until she needs filling

Spot on, that’s what is happening, but nill points for the response :slight_smile:

DCPCFML:
Are you going by actual usage on the pump meter or by how much it’s showing on the truck’s adblue gauge? There’s a huge difference in the size of the Adblue tanks across the different marques. DAFs have massive tanks and I can get about 6 days distance driving from a single tank on lightweight work, but then it takes about 10 minutes to refill as all Adblue pumps are slow as [zb]. Stralis has a tiny tank and needs refilling every day. Haven’t driven a new gen Scania for a long time so can’t comment on them.

No funny enough going by what I put in it (hence 6/7 litres or whatever). I found the Mercs very frugal and also good on diesel consum (unless it was my wonderful driving). Shame it was a Merc (sponsored by the Chiropractors Association). The difference was realy noticeable but weight could have been a factor? Although Carrington run nearly all m-way it was paper (waste down, reels back), but the A65 hardly a great road even if it was only bread. So dunno on that one.

It’s all relevant to weight the heavier you are the more they drink as they’re working harder to clean the emissions, whether any particular marque is more thirsty than another I don’t know, but the usage is very noticeably less when running light

On my 66 scania doing 500k a day I’d use about 9lt. It was noticeable in the mercs how much less they use but like said made of plastic jelly mould :wink:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sand Fisher:

DCPCFML:

No funny enough going by what I put in it (hence 6/7 litres or whatever). I found the Mercs very frugal and also good on diesel consum (unless it was my wonderful driving). Shame it was a Merc (sponsored by the Chiropractors Association). The difference was realy noticeable but weight could have been a factor? Although Carrington run nearly all m-way it was paper (waste down, reels back), but the A65 hardly a great road even if it was only bread. So dunno on that one.

I live near the A65 how many times a day do the Hovis Mercs run from Glasgow to Bradford?