Ad blu switched off

Ive recently bought a truck a few years old for 32k, since running for just 5 weeks it became apparent very little ad blue is being used.
I had the truck checked at a franchised dealer although it was bought from an independant used dealer.
I know its ilegal what i want is opinions from ownerdrivers small operators on what they would do?
I have a feeling if it goes back to the supplier as is they will remove the gadget and then if the systems u/s have no further interest as ive had it over their stated 1 months warrenty.
cheers

I think you have had a good result!
why would you want to get the ad blue switched back on?
ad blue is another cost you can do without or do you have a free supply?

as moose said your on a freebie.ive got a v8 620 using 40 -50 lts a week which when working out to my milage is 5- 6 % enjoy your freebie

Result then :stuck_out_tongue: . Go with it, as long as it passes any emissions tests rock on :grimacing:

i know what your all saying, but what if vosa start to check wether the system is working either at mot time ot maybe at the roadside.
Im sure they will know this is going on and i believe if the system hasnt worked for a while its extremely likely it will be blocked by the ad blue chrystilising, leaving me looking at a repair bill up to 8k!

Might be wrong here (i often am) but aslong as the emissions warning light comes on with the rest of the warning lights and goes out after a couple of seconds happy days at mot. Not sure they check exhaust gases like they used to and even so adblue is only used when engine is working hard not when revving it’s nuts off stationary. I think :blush:

Its not the emission test that is the problem as the add blue is not constantly injected.
The matrix in the cat “holds on to” the nitrous oxides and at set intervals decided by the engine ecu monitoring of fuel flow,exhaust gas temp and NOx sensor voltage it squirts a bit of add blue into the gas stream just below the turbo outlet.
This add blue contains a large percentage of “free” nitrogen. The catalysts splits the nitrogen oxide in the exhaust gas into nitrogen and oxygen.Because the temperature in the cat is far lower than in the cylinders the oxygen and nitrogen cannot recombine easily but the free nitrogen from the add blue can easily join to the nitrogen ion to give N2 or ordinary nitrogen gas which makes up over 70% of the atmosphere.

If your not pumping in enough add blue the NOx sensor will give a constantly high voltage signal to the ecu which will log the fault but NOT display it as an add blue fault.
Thats how the paddies got caught who either peed in the tank or “waterd down” the add blue.
All customs and excise have to do is log into the engine ecu and read off the data which they can do when the vehicle goes for test.
Had a merc last night with MR fault on the diagnostic but no fault displayed on the dash.That had a kinked add blue feed pipe.Can only totaly wipe the fault memory with a special programme.