Actros regen mode

I have a 2019 actros. 60,000 miles on it and it does about 1000 miles per week.
It keeps going into regen mode about once a week, and lasts a couple of hours. Makes a right racket and loses power. Is this normal to regen so often?

idrive:
It keeps going into regen mode about once a week, and lasts a couple of hours. Makes a right racket and loses power. Is this normal to regen so often?

Perhaps its a Merc thing. I drive an Arocs and when it goes into regen it sounds like a cross channel ferry and stinks of hot diesel Might do it once a month or once a week. I dont notice any loss of power, as its a gutless sac of cac anyway.

The 26t are terrible for it , my one was doing it at 8 months old

Ah cheers, looks like it’s normal then. Horrible truck

Regen…

Now, I could Google it or actually read the book in the lorry from MAN about it but, to be perfectly frank, I have no real idea what it’s actually doing as well as no real interest either. There’s a button on my dash that has a funny symbol on it, I’ve never pressed it. I’ve never been trained or even read the usual ‘this is important’ A4 piece of paper pinned to the wall near the card download device about it.
The light came on once. It went out after I’d tipped and never came on again. Then I went home and forgot about it until today.
I’d probably remain awake in a cpc session if someone included it in the lesson.

I don’t want a 2 page lecture on it here either thank you very much.

idrive:

Depends entirely on the types of journey it does. If it’s doing trunk runs you should never notice it because it will fill up slower and it can get hot enough to do a normal regen whilst you’re driving down the motorway. If it’s on say pallet network day work or doing mostly urban mileage it’ll do what yours is doing. Urban driving fills up the DPF filter faster and because it’s stop start and very rarely does any decent length of time at high speed it never gets the chance to do a normal regen when driving so you end up having forced regens.