Actros radio

Are they all crap in terms of sound and volume or is it just mine…and is there a way (apart from the obvious :unamused: ) of getting a bit more sound out of it.
Been listening to Gary Davies and The following 80s show on my way down today (relieving the boredom) a couple of tracks on there such as Bon Jovi Dead or Alive and ZZ Top were on…,.don’t tell our mate Jake who disapproves of blocking out sounds whilst driving (as well as ■■■■ everything else :laughing: ) but I like listening to stuff like that with volume just below the pain barrier. :blush: :smiley:
Can it be done with this radio.

Nope mercs have always been rubbish for audio quality unless it’s a car.

The only easy way is to up the bass, treble and middle and make sure the balance is set to the middle. I’m amazed at the number of people who set the balance all the way to the right (driver’s side) and lose the stereo effect that the producers spent so long getting right.
None of the Merc radios are very good in terms of sound quality; nothing much you can do without an extra amp and better speakers.

Yeah stick a nice bass bin in it and then you can rock properly.

Recovery driver who recovered me off Woodhead pass a few years ago had a bloody bass bin under his bunk.

I like bass myself and had the obligatory 6x9 speakers and bass bin in my cars once upon a time, but at low volume a bass bin isn’t nice when you just want a bit of peace and a trundle home by a chauffer. Lol

Yes…
They’re all crap

I run a dab receiver through mine as well as podcasts and Amazon prime music from my phone, got fed up with rubbish reception on the fitted radio. Replacing the speakers with better ones is an option but not convinced it’s actually worth the outlay.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Set bass and treble anywhere 1-4 depending on preference. But set medium setting as low as it will go. I find this gives the best sound from a pretty crap stereo.

They are not all crap, but it takes a bit of effort to set the sound up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I used to think the Actros radio was crap until I had my first experience of a Scania Infotainment System recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_GTI:
Set bass and treble anywhere 1-4 depending on preference. But set medium setting as low as it will go. I find this gives the best sound from a pretty crap stereo.

Thanks for that mate, I’ll try that. :wink: