Actros night heater problem

When I push the button on the dash instead of the constant red light in the button all I’m getting is it flashing ten times quickly and then switching off. Any ideas? Problem being the night heater itself is encased somewhere I can’t access.

Ps, it’s starting to get chilly so it’ll have to be the 10 litre night heater if I can’t suss it.

I had the same yesterday mate! Thought it was me being a knob.

Answers…we need answers…another thing; when you accidently touch the button with the clock symbol on it, how do you get the night heater symbol and the number 1 off the screen? Looks like I have ended up ’ setting ’ something.

Aaaaarrrghhh…

Im not familiar with the Merc systems but on old Webastos if it tried to fire up then switched off it was a problem with the ignition electrodes or lack of fuel getting to the injector…

It’s not even trying to fire up Andrew. Obviously there’s power to the switch at least, whether it’s getting further than that I have no idea. Trip to Merc methinks.

Eagerbeaver you have set the timer mate. No way to cancel it tbh, you’ll just have to wait until it’s passed the day and time it’s set for and it’ll clear itself then.

Cheers M. I tried allsorts to get rid of the b@stard. Now I know why I couldn’t get rid of it, lol.

As for the night heater issue, let me know what you find out mate.

This might be no help at all Maost, but it’s worth a try, but don’t build up your hopes as I know ■■■■ all about them. :smiley:
On the off chance have you tried using the switch in the bunk in case the fault is on the dash switch…you never know. :bulb:

The flashing light may be a flash code for the fault ,I know with the DAF with eberspachers ,the filter in the glow plug chokes up

norb:
The flashing light may be a flash code for the fault ,I know with the DAF with eberspachers ,the filter in the glow plug chokes up

I counted the flashes Norb on the off chance it equated to a fault code, there’s consistently 10 long flashes followed by one quick one.

robroy:
This might be no help at all Maost, but it’s worth a try, but don’t build up your hopes as I know [zb] all about them. :smiley:
On the off chance have you tried using the switch in the bunk in case the fault is on the dash switch…you never know. :bulb:

Your technological abilities match mine mate! :blush: . Tbh it started playing up last night so I tried both the upstairs and downstairs bunk switches and finally gave in and went to the pub to fill myself with insulation!

the maoster:

robroy:
This might be no help at all Maost, but it’s worth a try, but don’t build up your hopes as I know [zb] all about them. :smiley:

Your technological abilities match mine mate! :blush: . Tbh it started playing up last night so I tried both the upstairs and downstairs bunk switches and finally gave in and went to the pub to fill myself with insulation!

Sorry mate, I could have been your hero there :sunglasses: :smiley:

Where are you? There are quite a few pubs where you can come back with some live walking and talking insulation :wink: …So I am told anyway… :smiley:

Is there a consumer battery yellow warning light on the dash? If so the aux battery power is low and neither will 12v or 24v sockets work with engine off. I had this over the Xmas period as truck was idle, all we did was charge the main batteries over night, as advised by out merc dealership.

Coldest ever up in the hills in Greece one year during winter and had broken down, night heater had already packed up so slept fully clothed inc jacket plus quilt and still froze…played around with the heater next day and found the little flexi exhaust outlet had caught on something pushing it towards its air intake so it wouldnt fire up…wish id taken a look at it the eve before… :unamused:

There is a fuse in the n/s/lower foot well fuse box, if you pull it out and refit it after 10 seconds or so it will reset the night heater. These heaters suffer from injector, glow plug and water pump seizure failures. Most of the problems we saw were seized circulation pumps which pump the water around the heater pipes and engine pipes. If after removing and refitting the fuse it still flashes it needs to go onto the Mercedes computer. :frowning:

refmoss:
Is there a consumer battery yellow warning light on the dash? If so the aux battery power is low and neither will 12v or 24v sockets work with engine off. I had this over the Xmas period as truck was idle, all we did was charge the main batteries over night, as advised by out merc dealership.

Batteries are fine mate. Had new ones fitted less than a month ago and the heater has worked fine since then. With the old batteries I was getting that bloody warning and a “consumer shutdown” every day.

Robroy I’m currently parked outside Droitwich near The Copcut Elm (one of Tango Boys parking spots) and looked a right ■■■■ sat here reading my Mercedes owner manual when two drivers walked past obviously thinking “get a life you sad ■■■■■■ :blush:

the maoster:

refmoss:

Batteries are fine mate. Had new ones fitted less than a month ago and the heater has worked fine since then. With the old batteries I was getting that bloody warning and a “consumer shutdown” every day.

Robroy I’m currently parked outside Droitwich near The Copcut Elm (one of Tango Boys parking spots) and looked a right ■■■■ sat here reading my Mercedes owner manual when two drivers walked past obviously thinking “get a life you sad [zb]”. :blush:

Have I parked there :confused: :laughing:

The one I was in yesterday was a 65 plate and the batteries on that were fine too. No yellow lights on the dash.

poleman:
There is a fuse in the n/s/lower foot well fuse box, if you pull it out and refit it after 10 seconds or so it will reset the night heater. These heaters suffer from injector, glow plug and water pump seizure failures. Most of the problems we saw were seized circulation pumps which pump the water around the heater pipes and engine pipes. If after removing and refitting the fuse it still flashes it needs to go onto the Mercedes computer. :frowning:

This sounds like we’re getting somewhere. Don’t suppose you know which fuse is it do you mate?

Funny you should mention the water pump seizure as I asked one of our fitters to plug in his box of tricks earlier today and he said it came up with a water fault which he cleared, but said that as it doesn’t have any water in it it was probably an erroneous fault. Me being stupid agreed with him. :blush:

tango boy:

Thought it was one of your spots buddy. There is one of yours here facing me, a white Actros reg ending SYU. Wonder if his night heater works? :smiley:

the maoster:

tango boy:

Thought it was one of your spots buddy. There is one of yours here facing me, a white Actros reg ending SYU. Wonder if his night heater works? :smiley:

Ah that’s Colin he drives for the brother

I reckon Colin is in for a night of ’ Maoster & Servant ’ if you know what I mean Tango :wink: