Actros night heater.. Help please!

Hi people.
Got an actros for my sins this week, but juts gone 2 put the night heater on and no joy… My own fault, should have checked it before I left this morning… Fool!
I’ve checked the fuses, had the switch out and all seems fine, so I’m stuck, its bloody freezing n p***in it down and I have no heat, gutted! The little red light isn’t coming on on the switch, but the quick access button works, so surly it can’t b the switch?!
Any help would be massively appreciated :slight_smile:

Is it built into the vehicle ventilation system? I drove a Merc not long ago that had that.

Or do you have a separate dial/setting controls for it?

I’m probably too late now for tonight.

A couple of years now since I was regularly driving Actros. Seem to remember there was a switch on the dash that needed to be on. Also, get into the main dash display and find out what the settings are for it. If its been left set on timer & is in an “off” period you won’t get it on.

Things may have changed though, our latest trucks at the time were about 04’s.

Again, it’s probably too late by now. But it may be that the thermostat is at minimum. Needs to be changed by going to the heating menu using the buttons on the steering wheel. Can’t remember exactly how it’s done as it a couple of years since my actros went away.

Its built in 2 the vent system… Its a flippin mare… Can’t understand y it won’t work, tried all of the options u hav said n still nothin… Its goin 2 b a cold week! Lol. Thanks though people.

silly question, but, have you had the fan actually switched on?

usually, on this type of night heater, the fan needs to be switched on

this is the fan that you normally use for the heater/air con

shuttlespanker:
silly question, but, have you had the fan actually switched on?

usually, on this type of night heater, the fan needs to be switched on

this is the fan that you normally use for the heater/air con

Fan dont need to be switched on for night heater in a Actros to work . HTH.

jarvo:
Its built in 2 the vent system… Its a flippin mare… Can’t understand y it won’t work, tried all of the options u hav said n still nothin… Its goin 2 b a cold week! Lol. Thanks though people.

If all else fails there is the big V6 night heater you can use!!!

The intake vent is behind thepassenger seat make sire there not blocked ckheck the thermostat is at max it still doesn’t work then the glow plug is nackered and or the night heater needs looking at

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

When pressing the switch on the dash, it needs to be held down for a couple of seconds, then the dash display should light up with the options selected via the buttons on the steering. These options can also accessed when the ignition is on.
If you want it to run all night, make sure the key is in the accessories on position before starting the heater, otherwise no matter what you do it will time out after two hours max.

Like the others have said , make sure vent behind passenger seat isn’t blocked by either gloves etc or even a build up off dust
Make sure before going to bed put all vents to middle so it comes out right at you ,
Generally it’s a poor system am out tonight in mine and it’s struggling to heat cab and it’s not particular a cold night .

Had a bit of a wait earlier, had a good mess about with it… can only assume that the motor its self is knackered as the computer thinks its on, there is power 2 the switch and the motor but nothing is happening… Thank god its not cold… It is a big old cab 2 heat… Its funny I’ve not done nights out 4 a long time and only ever used the aux heater in short blasts n now I’ve not got one I really want it on lol!
Cheers for your help and advice fellas… Much appreciated!