Actros MP2 Suspension Trouble

Been fine all day, then loaded Glasgow to run south and picture on computer shows ride height as low.

Out to have a look and it is lower than usual, although still air in the bags.

Dropped trailer and controls for suspension won’t do anything, green light comes on but up or down or ride height buttons don’t do anything, can still operate lift axle from button on dash now I’ve dropped trailer, but still showing low ride height on dash.

Has got a fault —HM - Starting Off Aid Restricted. Had that for ages though and surely can’t be anything to do with suspension. All the plugs and rod’s are together at the back to read the height on the axle.

I’m lost, Any ideas?

Cheers.

Sounds like a dodgy connection on the suspension control pad wander lead, try wiggling it about where it goes into the box with your finger on the ^ button, they get a bit of stick around there.
If the suspension moves, try and hold the wire steady then press the reset/resume normal ride height button.

No joy I’m afraid.

Was always under the assumption that it should run at ride height automatically anyway once you got moving.

Cheers.

Sounds like a load sensor problem, had this happen on a cf and had to have daf change it because they have to reset the suspension with the computer. :cry:

Superb!

The problem will be with the pad and the lead, it controls what the suspension does. Somewhere round the seat base the lead will unplug, its locked in with a small zip tie that will have to be cut. I’m pretty sure if you unplug it the suspension then does its own thing and reverts to ride height automatically.

tashlad666:
I’m lost, Any ideas?

Cheers.

Turn the radio up :grimacing:

Big Joe:
I’m pretty sure if you unplug it the suspension then does its own thing and reverts to ride height automatically.

Ignore that, I’m talking bollox, I’ve just tried it on mine, the suspension needs to be back to normal height before unplugging, it will then maintain the set height without the key pad.
:bulb: Anyone close by who can give you a lend of their pad to get the suspension to go to normal height, then carry on without a pad plugged in :question:

Try it a couple of times, sometimes if the air is low it won’t re set, I had a 61 plate last night which refused to find it,s correct ride height a little bit of fiddling and patience gets the desired result.

As long as the aux socket for the Ipod works along with the heater and cruise control then who gives a stuff.

I usually find switching the ignition off and restarting cures this when mine won’t adjust. :wink:

Is your air right up ? It does sound like a load sensing valve. However, i had this happen to me once on an Actros and the thing which sorted it was when I put it under another heavy trailer !

Done everything, heavy trailers, empty trailers, unit only. its ■■■■■■!

Computer now showing ride height is up, even though its about level!