Actros low quality Adblu message

My 17 plt Actros did 2 regens this morning then came up with low quality adblu message
Can’t clear it told fitter as well
After I managed to do a force regen which you wouldn’t be able to do so soon still not cleared message

Gotta love the Mercs ain’t ya… my favourite one is when the autos just decide to pop themselves into neutral when they feel like doing so…

Mine done this 4 times in the 18 months I had it.
Each time low power and limp mode followed quickly after.
Was nothing to do with the adblue it was the same air intake sensor every time.

harrawaffa:
Mine done this 4 times in the 18 months I had it.
Each time low power and limp mode followed quickly after.
Was nothing to do with the adblue it was the same air intake sensor every time.

Thanks I will tell fitter
Luckily mine not gone in to limp yet[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:
My 17 plt Actros did 2 regens this morning then came up with low quality adblu message
After I managed to do a force regen which you wouldn’t be able to do so soon still not cleared message

A regeneration is for the DPF filter.

Adblu is used to lower nox emissions in the exhaust two separate systems for different uses.

DPF regen won’t help an ad blu fault.

simcor:

blue estate:

Adblu is used to lower nox emissions in the exhaust two separate systems for different uses.

Both are interlinked , and if you did your research is I did poor quality Adblu blocks the DPF
Also very funny that I did a forced regen tonight and it cleared fault

blue estate:

simcor:

blue estate:

Both are interlinked , and if you did your research is I did poor quality Adblu blocks the DPF
Also very funny that I did a forced regen tonight and it cleared fault

Really? The DPF collects diesel soot particles and the exhaust temperature is raised usually to around 650º to burn the soot off leaving a residue of ash which cannot be cleared and when full of ash requires a new DPF to be fitted.

Adblu is injected after the DPF to lower nox emissions of the resultant of exhaust gases.

DPF’s were first introduced to meet euro law requirements, ad blu was later introduced to lower the NOX emissions when they decided that even diesels with DPF fitted were still chucking out harmful level of Nox.

I have done plenty of research on DPF’s as I used to have a diesel with a DPF.

I am fairly confident the two systems are separate, I have had ad blu fault on trucks and DPF faults on trucks neither have been caused by each other. Ad blu is usually a sensor for the ad blu system on Mercs as we had a load of them that had Ad blu issues on hire the other year and the fitter said it was the ad blu sensor malfunctioning.

It bugs me when you try to help someone who then proceeds to try and tell you are wrong.

I know where you’re coming from as if it was duff Adblu all my company’s other trucks would have shown the fault long before now as I only use 3/4 tank every 3 weeks
I will be keeping an eye on it and if it reappears then truck will be going straight to Pentagon in Fareham
Truck has only done 50k and is 10 months old

Oh, and I would add that an Adblu malfunction may well stop a DPF regen from occurring in the same EGR valve can stop a regen happening amongst other factors. But I still don’t see how doing a forced or active regeneration can cure and adblu fault.

blue estate:
I know where you’re coming from as if it was duff Adblu all my company’s other trucks would have shown the fault long before now as I only use 3/4 tank every 3 weeks
I will be keeping an eye on it and if it reappears then truck will be going straight to Pentagon in Fareham
Truck has only done 50k and is 10 months old

Do you have an adblu tank on site or do you fill it up when out and about? Have you used a different manufacturer of adblue recently?

I would assume that low qulaity adblu warning means the quality of the adblu or the amount being injected or the atomisation of the injector.

DPF’s and Adblu will be the death of diesel engines in the near future, hence the reason I have gone back to a petrol car, unless you are doing mega miles regularly in a car then diesel are no good these days for average Joe.

simcor:
Oh, and I would add that an Adblu malfunction may well stop a DPF regen from occurring in the same EGR valve can stop a regen happening amongst other factors. But I still don’t see how doing a forced or active regeneration can cure and adblu fault.

Nor can I [emoji848]but it’s cleared it for now , but judging Rob Roy’s post these Actros units are full of strange electrical faults

blue estate:

simcor:

Nor can I [emoji848]but it’s cleared it for now , but judging Rob Roy’s post these Actros units are full of strange electrical faults

Electrical faults are the least of my problems or dpf or adblue faults in these horrid 17 plate Actros we have got now. I hate them with a vengeance. I have mostly avoided driving them whisky we have extra hire trucks in and some of the old Volvos left.
Sadly I was stuck in one last night and hated every minute of it and only did about 3 hours driving thank God.

I wish someone could tell me to cure being thrown about in the seat over every little bump in the road.

Anyway that’s digressing a fair bit and I’ll look forward to the adblue faults on these like we had with the hire units last year.

Does this mean that ■■■■■■■ in my ad blue tank is now what is known in technical parlance as “a bad thing?”

the maoster:
Does this mean that ■■■■■■■ in my ad blue tank is now what is known in technical parlance as “a bad thing?”

Simply yes lol