Actros limiter

Hi, is there anyway of getting around the speed limiter on an Actros 2544? Any help is much appreciated :wink:

Cheers Dec

WHY â– â– ?

Its the law, 56 MPH, your life / licence, are at risk, if you tamper with it.

If it cannot be done legal, it should not done at all !!!

Its a freind that has asked, i dont know why they want to do it. I was just inquireing on behalf of them.

if that sort of information is available, take it to email !

Posts encouraging the law to be broken are likely to be deleted for legal reasons.

I understand the problem. That Merc limiter sent me to sleep… Let me know how you get on…( We are not all coppers narks.) Puts on tin hat and waits for flack…!!

harry no flack if its only running at say 52 then the dealer should be able to take the speed up a couple of notches if its surging on the limiter then the limiter may need to looked at by the main dealer or the local tacho guy if its to knock out the tacho it aint worth it dont bother

Its a pity that the truck makers cant put something on the trucks,that if the limiter or tacho have been messed with.You just cant start it.

Tony b

dec:
Hi, is there anyway of getting around the speed limiter on an Actros 2544? Any help is much appreciated :wink:

Cheers Dec

Only way is via a dealers workshop laptop computer as its all electronic, even then who who ever uses the computer has an insert an identity card into the laptop which leaves a signature on the truck computer.
Perhaps a trip to Ireland might be in order as the dealers there don’t seem to be bothered by such trivialities :smiling_imp: .

Thanks for the help, Big Joe - he seems to go over there alot so ill give him a call so he can make a special stop :wink:

Cheers

Can’t see the point myself. He isn’t going to be getting to his destination much quicker anyway and he could find himself with no warranty should anything go wrong with his truck.

Risk licence and livelihood for a couple of extra mph, no thanks.

Big Joe:

dec:

Cheers Dec

Perhaps a trip to Ireland might be in order as the dealers there don’t seem to be bothered by such trivialities :smiling_imp: .

Actually it looks as if Merc have stopped it now, they wouldn’t turn up the three new ones we got :laughing:

The reason that they will not do could be that with the ID system ;WHICH shows who has done the adjustment ,it is good enough to get the person
convicted in court, YES by all means get the limiter set to its limits as allowed
but leave the speeding to those who like spending some time behind closed doors,because that is what will happen when they catch you in France for example, and also another example of why not to speed is the fines given out by the police in Italy,or Austria,Hungary, and in Norway it is 100€ for every KILOMETER over THE SPEED LIMIT;
another reason not to adjust the limiter is that when you get caught by a
police civilian car on film you will be deeply in it,when your disc or readout shows a differn,t speed as the police car,

brit pete:
another reason not to adjust the limiter is that when you get caught by a
police civilian car on film you will be deeply in it,when your disc or readout shows a differn,t speed as the police car,

I think your getting mixed up with tacho calibration Pete, lets say if the limiter is set to 95, then it will show 95 on the tacho chart. The tacho would have to be re-calibrated as well to show 90kph at a true 95kph, and in my eyes that would be real double trouble :confused:

Big Joe, You are allowed +/- 5kmh ON THE LIMITER and the speed as fixed point is given as 85kmh this means that when your LORRY does not meet this critira then some has been doing adjustments that are illegal
and so open to being prosecuted, SO all those who wish to have more speed take note,The level of the police speed checks has increased and we are ,due to the way we work the no.1 target for these enforcement officers,also do you wish to be out of pocket , WHEN HAVEING TO PAY the fines and perhaps getting a driveing ban, inthe country where you are driveing,
PEOPLE forget that the courts can take your Heavy Goods Vehicle licence
off you as well, for good, when they wish to,

isn’t it generally excepted that because of the +/- kph that 99% of all limiters are actually set at 90kph/56mph? dose anyone know the reasoning behind that limit when the max legal speed limit is 60mph? allways thought it odd my self.

I’d be happy with 56 mph…

Had 4 trucks last year and only one got close. This year on agency I’ve driven many that will barley reach 52 even though the speedo reads 56.

I once managed to persuade a Scania dealer to up one, from 52 to 54 :unamused:

Wouldn’t it be a simple matter to calibrate the speedo ? It’s a right pita when you can’t make a 4 ½ hr run for the sake of a few mph :blush:

paul b:
isn’t it generally excepted that because of the +/- kph that 99% of all limiters are actually set at 90kph/56mph? dose anyone know the reasoning behind that limit when the max legal speed limit is 60mph? allways thought it odd my self.

Euro crapulations mate, 60mph is the uk speed limit for a truck, but euro law says a trucks power should be cut if it exceeds 85kph ±5kph, hence why most trucks can do 90kph and still be legal.

Pete, the topic was about the limiter, the tacho is a seperate entity and likely to have more severe repercussions should it be tampered with, both for the driver/operator and the calibration centre, especially if the tacho should be found to be grossly outside the calibration perameters and still sealed. An over speeding limiter is illegal, but doesn’t have such severe concequences.
Presenting a truck for an MOT with a faulty limiter is merely a fail, presenting a truck with a dodgy taco will more than likely result in a recomendation for further investigation.
Although the margin for a limiter is 85kph±5 kph, the MOT tester will only fail at 92kph +.
CHILL :sunglasses: :smiley:

Big Joe:

paul b:

Euro crapulations mate, 60mph is the uk speed limit for a truck, but euro law says a trucks power should be cut if it exceeds 85kph ±5kph, hence why most trucks can do 90kph and still be legal.

Pete, the topic was about the limiter, the tacho is a seperate entity and likely to have more severe repercussions should it be tampered with, both for the driver/operator and the calibration centre, especially if the tacho should be found to be grossly outside the calibration perameters and still sealed. An over speeding limiter is illegal, but doesn’t have such severe concequences.
Presenting a truck for an MOT with a faulty limiter is merely a fail, presenting a truck with a dodgy taco will more than likely result in a recomendation for further investigation.
Although the margin for a limiter is 85kph±5 kph, the MOT tester will only fail at 92kph +.

could always try the recalibration with bold tyres trick, then changing to brand new ones straght after… instant couple of mph

scottbrown:

Big Joe:

paul b:

could always try the recalibration with bold tyres trick, then changing to brand new ones straght after… instant couple of mph

Shhhhhhhh man, they’ll all be at it :wink:

i think he means near bold low profiles :wink: :wink: :wink: