Actros Cab Drawers

The top draw in my Actros has stopped opening, seems to be cable operated from the handle :cry:
Guessing the cable has snapped but can’t find a way to get into it, Have managed to take the top cover of under the mattress and unlock the draws from behind/underneath and bodged it so its permanently unlocked, and now secured with a bungee, but would be nice to fix it properly, has anyone done this, maybe a od ? :slight_smile: Thanks !

Happened to me a few times now mate,I couldnt fix it myself so our garage did it, The whole drawer has to come out and a new cable fitted! It aint a 5 minute job either, Watching the mechanic swearing at it was funny though! My bottom drawer has gone at the moment, U can put a screw driver downthe back of it and release the catch, The cable is flimsey and according toour lot it happens on a regular basis, Hope this helps mate,

Lycanthrope:
The top draw in my Actros has stopped opening, seems to be cable operated from the handle :cry:
Guessing the cable has snapped but can’t find a way to get into it, Have managed to take the top cover of under the mattress and unlock the draws from behind/underneath and bodged it so its permanently unlocked, and now secured with a bungee, but would be nice to fix it properly, has anyone done this, maybe a od ? :slight_smile: Thanks !

How did you do it mate as my top drawer has gone aswell which contains my fridge :frowning:

lift the mattress up and unscrew the wooden board with hex screwheaddriver, open the draw from behind.
mine went but was under guarantee so took it back to merc dealer, as stated wasn’t an easy 5 minute fix but if you want you can buy the cable from a dealer and struggle to do it yourself