Actros brake wear rates

Can anyone give some idea as to the mileage/ kmage they’re getting from Actros discs and pads?

For the record, I do make some of my living from journalism, but this is NOT for print purposes.

Many thanks

Oliver

Sorry Oliver, don’t know anything about Actros brakes, just wondered as we are thinking about brakes does anyone know how to stop squeeking brakes on a Daf 85

Hi Oliver. I have been running a Jan 2002 Actros from new, and it had its first set of pads at about 270,000 kms. The condition of the discs look pretty good and I would guess they would probably see out a third set of pads.
I haul mainly containers at up to 44 tonnes and the mileage is mostly motorway work.
A second Actros I’m familiar with has had its second set of pads at 500,000 kms, and again is still on its original discs.
I also run a merc car, and it needed new pads and discs at 28,000 miles, and after a bit of stamping my feet and pointing out the pathetic mileage covered by the discs compared to my truck, they did replace the discs for free. :smiley:

in our job we are getting about 220k to 260 k on the pads.
discs last between 600k to 750 k on average.
however some discs have gone a bit earlier than this but this is down to quarry type work. not the best enviroment for discs.