Actros bluetooth

Can anybody give me a step by step idiot’s guide (cos that’s what I am when it comes to this sort of cack :blush: :laughing: ) to connecting a Samsung android phone to the bluetooth in my Actros.
Been using an earpiece for my own phone, and an old school earpiece/ wire on my last ancient Nokia cabphone, but now I’ve been given a new cabphone and I can not seem to get it to pair up eith the cab bluetooth, despite trying to. :blush:
Be gentle with me btw :laughing:

I still can’t get mine sorted and iv got a hand book :unamused:

nick2008:

So it aint JUST me then. :smiley:

robroy:

nick2008:

So it aint JUST me then. :smiley:

No, but it always IS you!

Firstly make sure that the Bluetooth is switched on and visible to other devices on your phone. Then on your dash select “Bluetooth settings” and “update”. You do this by pressing in the silver ring that I’ve handily got my manly finger on. It should then ask you for a code, this can be 0000 or 1111. You enter the number on your phone via the keypad and on the lorry via the 1 to 9 buttons as seen in pic. That should do it nicely.

I will say however that the Merc system doesn’t particularly like the Android system and is much happier with an I phone.

If this doesn’t work mate just give me a bell… oh hang on… :smiley:

Cheers bud, I’ll give it a whirl when I park up. :smiley:

Click on update as moaster has said.
Select your phone and it will come up with a message asking if you want to pair the phone, click ok or yes, (can’t remember exactly) then you’ll get the chance to type in a pairing code.
Type in 1234 for example then your phone will come on asking to enter the same code.
Once you have done all this they are paired.
After that’s all done scroll down the menu and click on the phone till it comes up saying connection successful.

Not had one of those Bluetooth screens for a couple weeks so hopefully be enough there to help

Do it when you’re well away from anything else, I was picking up all manner of signals, in particular the one from my new microlise system (the ID for which contains my reg number, so I thought that’s what I was trying for)

You’re looking for MB Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and the fella from MB told me the default code is 0000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It only holds 6 individual phones details so if they’re all taken you’ll have to delete one before it will let you add a new one. I find it works ok with my current Android phone but could be a bit hit and miss with my older phone.

the maoster:
Firstly make sure that the Bluetooth is switched on and visible to other devices on your phone. Then on your dash select “Bluetooth settings” and “update”. You do this by pressing in the silver ring that I’ve handily got my manly finger on. It should then ask you for a code, this can be 0000 or 1111. You enter the number on your phone via the keypad and on the lorry via the 1 to 9 buttons as seen in pic. That should do it nicely.

I will say however that the Merc system doesn’t particularly like the Android system and is much happier with an I phone.

Whats the craic with the dusters then, bit of a rattle ?

Suedehead:

the maoster:

Whats the craic with the dusters then, bit of a rattle ?

It’s the hair on the back of the hand that’s freaking me! :open_mouth: