Actros 2658 Hazard Lights

G’day Folks
New to this forum, I am looking for help as I have an Actros 2658 that is sending a signal to the trailer that flashes the Hazard lights without the switch being activated.
The fault doesn’t happen all the time but when it does you cannot turn the Trailer Hazards off, when it faults they are not flashing on the prime mover just the trailer.
When it’s not faulting everything works fine.
I have chased the fault back to the plug on the rear of the cab using a multimeter therefore eliminating the trailer as a potential cause.
Anyone come across this b4.

Have you looked in the book of destruction? There may be some self test function or fault signal that seemed like a good idea to some shiny shoe office wallah.

Dose the lights flash at any particular time ie when the breaks are released as some places have this fitted . Why I don’t know they just do

Dodgey earth. Also check that a double filament bulb hasn’t been fitted were a single should be.

This sounds like it’s the canbus system. I’m sure it’s always sending electrical pulses to the trailer to check the bulbs are working. You get the lights flashing if you have LED indicators fitted to your trailer without resistors/dummy loads on them. Could this be what is causing your problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk