Active Brake Assist Merc

youtube.com/watch?v=z_zq_GnVTpY

You only really need to watch the first 4 mins.
I found it hilarious when the guy said. “No, you did it wrong you need to try and hit the thing dead on”

So… if it only works if something is dead on… its not that good right xD?

Oh if you actually watch it all.
“If the system is activated 3 times in 5 hours the truck will go into shut down mode…” This can only be fixed by going to a Mercedes Benz Dealer or getting one of their mechanics to come to you.
Now, I don’t know about you guys but I have driven Mercs and DAFs that have screamed at me with the red warning symbols that I am about to hit something, despite nothing being on the road.

It seems nuts to me that the truck will essential shut itself off because it gets activated 3 times in 5 hours. Quite often the main issue is a dirty camera or a loose radar node held together with a zip tie.

I always switch all the gadgets off.
Bag of sheet

I’m in the dumb it down for morons is dangerous camp. How about flat out at about 56, wet road and loaded? Proper mirrors and proper drivers with proper penalties for those that do it wrong. As for not being lined up properly with what you’re about to mangle…

peterm:
I’m in the dumb it down for morons is dangerous camp. How about flat out at about 56, wet road and loaded? Proper mirrors and proper drivers with proper penalties for those that do it wrong. As for not being lined up properly with what you’re about to mangle…

I guess ‘they’ see this and have to do something.
youtu.be/WMU0Ug1WuWY

youtu.be/ridS396W2BY

Never driven a Merc. But watching that. It seems. Pointless.
Will only work if your in a straight line . Which isn’t always the case.
The fella did say if you have Full trailer it will force the load to move forcing you forward
more .
He never tested it on pedestrians .
And lastly he said 3 times in 5 hours it cuts out.
Anybody who drives around a big city all day I can see it going off more than 3 times .
I drove a daf for a while and that thing kept screaming crash and applied the brakes as it detected a lampost or something miles away.
Absolute waste of time

Here is his first attempt.

youtube.com/watch?v=MqD90lMrCqM

Go to 10:48 to go right to it.

fingermissing:
Here is his first attempt.

youtube.com/watch?v=MqD90lMrCqM

Go to 10:48 to go right to it.

Lol…
rip that lovely golf.
Wonder if Mercedes paid

peterm:

I’m in your camp too.

The more electronic tat they fit the more deskilled/dumbed down the job becomes, which then attracts the next lower level of skill/aptitude/competence which means more electronic tat is needed to prevent these fools and everyone around them from themselves.
Despite all the garbage now finding its way onto trucks these alleged drivers are still ramming each other up the arse and turning the whole bloody outfit over on perfectly straight roads, don’t get me started on the frustration of watching them attempt a reverse.
We’re below the bottom of the barrell now, how much lower will we go before someone responsible in authority says stop.

stu675:

peterm:

I guess ‘they’ see this and have to do something.
youtu.be/WMU0Ug1WuWY

Yes, but ‘they’ should be concentrating more on taking morons off the road permanently for dangerous driving of any sort. Speeding, tailgating, dangerous lane changing, using mobiles or getting engrossed in the ‘in car entertainment’ mob to the detriment of road safety.

edd1974:
Never driven a Merc. But watching that. It seems. Pointless.
Will only work if your in a straight line . Which isn’t always the case.
The fella did say if you have Full trailer it will force the load to move forcing you forward
more .
He never tested it on pedestrians .
And lastly he said 3 times in 5 hours it cuts out.
Anybody who drives around a big city all day I can see it going off more than 3 times .
I drove a daf for a while and that thing kept screaming crash and applied the brakes as it detected a lampost or something miles away.
Absolute waste of time

I’m guessing he meant it activates the brakes 3 times in 5 hours as the Merc flashes up a warning when it thinks it ‘sees’ something you haven’t.
You then get a few seconds to do something about it IF there is something.
More often than not, the warning is false and will go away without any intervention.
Eg, approaching a bend in the road with the sharp turn chevron boards can flash up the warning message (that was the A420 on a left hand bend
Certain sections of road always flash up the warning like going round Bicester heading towards the low bridge near Howes lane, passing Trefoil Drive approaching the roundabout, along there is a good spot for it, though it never activates the brakes.