Acting as a TM

mixer driver:
Whats the notice a TM needs to give his employer?

Depends on his contract of employment, a month would be usual. However, if your nominated CPC holder leaves, you are allowed 18 months to appoint a new one.

Harry Monk:

mixer driver:
Whats the notice a TM needs to give his employer?

Depends on his contract of employment, a month would be usual. However, if your nominated CPC holder leaves, you are allowed 18 months to appoint a new one.

Really, your allowed up to 18 month to appoint a new one?

I didn’t know that

From my CPC manual (December 2011)

And thank me for this cos I had to type it all out by hand. :wink:

12.6 Changes in Professional Personnel.

If the professionally competent person specified on a standard O licence leaves or can no longer carry out his duties due to physical disability or mental disorder, then the Traffic Commissioner must be informed, via the CLO using form GV80A. The Traffic Commissioner need not revoke the licence and may allow a reasonable period of time for the operator to find a replacement person who is professionally competent. The maximum time which may be allowed by the Traffic Commissioner is 18 months.

Harry Monk:
From my CPC manual (December 2011)

And thank me for this cos I had to type it all out by hand. :wink:

12.6 Changes in Professional Personnel.

If the professionally competent person specified on a standard O licence leaves or can no longer carry out his duties due to physical disability or mental disorder, then the Traffic Commissioner must be informed, via the CLO using form GV80A. The Traffic Commissioner need not revoke the licence and may allow a reasonable period of time for the operator to find a replacement person who is professionally competent. The maximum time which may be allowed by the Traffic Commissioner is 18 months.

Wish I’d knew that earlier, I’ve had a manic day sorting a new TM out :unamused: