Acouple of questions before I start new job

Just after acouple of answers to some questions

Iam working Monday to Friday’s only…

1st question …I know I can drive for 10 hours twice a week and 9 hours 3 times a week …
But Can I do Monday 10hrs then Tuesday 10hrs then the rest of the week 9hrs (I know about the breaks)…

2nd question …I know I can reduce my daily rest to 9hrs 3 times a week …but can I do that say mon/Tues/Wednesday ■■ Then 11hrs rest Thursday & Friday …also can I do that every week ■■

Question 3 … If I do 3 shifts at 15 hours (full duty inc all work… driving/load & unloading)
What’s the maximum hours for the other 2 shifts (full duty inc all work …driving/load & unloading)

Question 4 …(SORRY) if I do a 15 hour day …are my breaks included in that 15 hours ■■

HOPE THATS CLEAR AND UNDERSTANDABLE

1,2,4 yes, yes, yes

1. 13hrs unless you have a 3 hr break in the day which would allow you 15hr shifts all week

theres no reason you cant reduce your rest/extend your drive time on consequtave days which is what it sounds like you’re getting at. but keep in mind the 56hr driving limit for the week and the 90hr limit on fortnight’s

Shane129:
Just after acouple of answers to some questions

Iam working Monday to Friday’s only…

1st question …I know I can drive for 10 hours twice a week and 9 hours 3 times a week …
But Can I do Monday 10hrs then Tuesday 10hrs then the rest of the week 9hrs (I know about the breaks)…

2nd question …I know I can reduce my daily rest to 9hrs 3 times a week …but can I do that say mon/Tues/Wednesday ■■ Then 11hrs rest Thursday & Friday …also can I do that every week ■■

Question 3 … If I do 3 shifts at 15 hours (full duty inc all work… driving/load & unloading)
What’s the maximum hours for the other 2 shifts (full duty inc all work …driving/load & unloading)

Question 4 …(SORRY) if I do a 15 hour day …are my breaks included in that 15 hours ■■

HOPE THATS CLEAR AND UNDERSTANDABLE

Q1. You can do back to back 10 hours drive if you want, just keep in mind that you will only legally be allowed to drive for 9 hours for the remaining 3 days.

Q2. Like the drive time, you can do back to back 15 hour shifts if you want for 3 days, the last two days though must be no longer than 13 hours.

Q3. The remaining two shifts must be no longer than 13 hours. For example, if you start at 6am, you must be parked up and finished by 7pm that evening!

Q4. Everything you do in that day is counted as part of your duty or shift time. If you take your drive time, add it together with the Other work and break time then that will equal your total shift time.

Many thanks I thought I got it right …just wanted it confirmed

One more question SORRY

Driving hours only
Week 1 …2x10 3x9 = 47 …so in week 2 in could only drive for 43 hours total for the fortnight = 90 hours…then week 3 back to 47 hours

Thanks for taking time to reply …been a long time since doing long shifts… at the mo I only do 8.5 hours …as from Tuesday new job back to silly shifts again

Might I suggest this site. Its a great way of keeping track your hours!

mydrivinghours.co.uk/?cc=1

Shane129:
Driving hours only
Week 1 …2x10 3x9 = 47 …so in week 2 in could only drive for 43 hours total for the fortnight = 90 hours…then week 3 back to 47 hours

You got it :smiley:

Cheers fellas …

See you out there …I,ll be the one out front holding everyone up …and looking lost :smiley:
It’s been awhile

the extra hour driving time is only really there for emergencies, I wouldn’t let your employer force you into using it, and certainly not every week, I never “plan” on using it but its there if needs be.

I hope I don,t have to do that many hours …I just wanted to clear up the maximum amounts just in case I ever get close …

Plus I think VOSA fancy me…always tried to pull me before…it’s a love affair I could do without tbh :smiley:

MancunianAndy:
the extra hour driving time is only really there for emergencies, I wouldn’t let your employer force you into using it, and certainly not every week, I never “plan” on using it but its there if needs be.

^^^ this !

Had mine a few times say I can do that hour, told them in no uncertain terms it’s my choice not theirs!

Ask and I will more than likely say no problem but when they start telling me to, then I get stubborn! Especially as we don’t do OT either!

MancunianAndy:

Yeah Iv always had this view about the extra hour, but seem to be using it an increasing amount recently…