Acorn Transport

Has anybody heard of this transport company they run out of Trafford Park, Manchester just wondered what their like ,pay etc thinking of applying for a job with them but would like to know more.

How about this for an idea - ring them up and ask them.

Can’t tell you much about them, but they were based inside the Container Base when I worked there.
Not much room, seem to load where they feel like and got grief off other drivers (not me) for blocking off / delaying them etc.

But, this was pre- Maritime owning Conbase days, don’t even know if they’re still in there or not.

Thanks and to theother person on here I like to get to know a bit about a company so as not to waste my time or there’s clever clogs.

They are still in the Conbase, which is probably the most depressing, run down, ■■■■ hole of a place I have ever had the misfortune of visiting.

scally2:
Thanks and to theother person on here I like to get to know a bit about a company so as not to waste my time or there’s clever clogs.

Prob with asking this sort of question is a lot of what goes on depends on how you get on with the office bods

Driver one . yea loved it . gave me a new truck after 3 weeks and always finished by 3 on a Friday

Driver two . auful place . planners know nothing .never finished on a Friday before 6pm always got the run around.

Driver two will not tell you he crashed a truck on day three and had an “I’ve been driving 25 years and know everything” attudue

Someone asked if they could park on site .one reply said yes one said no . I said ring the co up and ask them to get the best up to date info

Horses mouth and all that.

Are they an offshoot of Acorn Antiques?